Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ID. 4 Pro - Scale Silver
33 Posts
Picked my car up Saturday, very happy with it!

When double tapping lock on my fob the horn does NOT beep. I am hopeful that there is a setting for a chirp rather than beep, haven’t found that or been able to enable honk on double lock. Any ideas?

·
380 Posts
When double tapping lock on my fob the horn does NOT beep. I am hopeful that there is a setting for a chirp rather than beep, haven’t found that or been able to enable honk on double lock. Any ideas?
You have to enable it. It's off by default. Look under "Vehicle...Exterior...swipe left 2x to Central locking...and scroll down to/enable Confirmation Tone."

Unfortunately it's a beep not a chirp.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
415 Posts
You have to enable it. It's off by default. Look under "Vehicle...Exterior...swipe left 2x to Central locking...and scroll down to/enable Confirmation Tone."

Unfortunately it's a beep not a chirp.
A ridiculously long beep, too. I've never heard any other vehicle's locking beep/chirp sound anything like the ID.4's.

·
ID. 4 Pro - Scale Silver
33 Posts
I tried it today when I got home, I will be switching it off and looking for updates on this topic. I agree, never heard a “doors locked” confirmation quite like it…

·
84 Posts
the first time my wife drove mine she wasn't sure if it locked so she pressed the lock button again and about scared an old lady to death.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts