Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have to wait till we file our 2021 taxes to claim the federal credit if you take delivery of your ID4 after April 15 2020 / in the second half of 2020?

·
214 Posts
Though remember if you have taxes withheld in your paycheck throughout the year, you can reduce your withholding to recover it throughout the rest of the year (via bigger net pay) instead of as a big refund next year.

·
2 Posts
Good Morning,

I've been hearing conflicting reports that because the VW ID4 is made in Germany and not in the US it may not qualify for the $7,500 federal tax credit... is this correct? Thanks in advance.

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition (Dusk Blue)
310 Posts
Good Morning,

I've been hearing conflicting reports that because the VW ID4 is made in Germany and not in the US it may not qualify for the $7,500 federal tax credit... is this correct? Thanks in advance.
It's eliglbe for the current $7500 credit. There are some rumors that the upcoming infrastructure bill will include a tax credit for domestically-built cars, but I would not expect that to affect the current $7500 credit. In fact, I personally am also skeptical that there will be a built-in-the-USA-only tax credit considering relatively few EVs are built here and such a tax credit would be relatively ineffective.

That being said, if you're concerned about it, MY2022 ID.4s will probably be built in the US.

·
538 Posts
That being said, if you're concerned about it, MY2022 ID.4s will probably be built in the US.
US production is starting in Sept. 2022, so may be 2023 models. For sure it would be only a small portion of 2022 models.

Reactions: theboomr
1 - 9 of 9 Posts