Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered User
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey VWtalks, Long time lurker.

ironically that My first post in the forums would bee a vent for my feelings about VW lack of communication and lack of vara regarding delivery for EU Markets.

Context;
EU 1st Max (Sweden) order 30 September 2020.
Been said to be deliver Q1 prel Jan/Feb, then mid mars.

VW Sweden have been vauge the exact dates. By the ens of december we got an email dating they Will return with information regarding delivery shortly after New Year
Februari came (so not so shortly after) and we got the info that they would start delivery mid mars.

So, to Day, by cuincident i got some info on My car regarding its delivery.
It's set to be build prel V.13 (end or mars), est. Delivery +4 week, by experince 6 weeks.
That puts me in May for delivery.
Om this Close to cancell My order and buy another EV.

I've Almost lost almost all hope i hade that VW would pill this off.
And Close to leave the ship.

Anyone els In EU/US that gotten this not so happy suprise regarding delivery of their ID4.

Sorry for typos, writing on phone which i set to Swedish.
 

·
Registered User
Glacier White/Lunar Grey 1st Edition with 19" Wheels
Joined
·
166 Posts
I understand the frustration. I too have gotten frustrated at times with the lack of transparency. If I even had an estimated delivery month on my reservation portal that updated, I think I would be significantly more patient. I guess I would encourage you to hang onto your reservation until you actually purchase another EV (unless you need the deposit money back of course). That way you have maximum flexibility in case you decide to stick it out as you evaluate other options.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
314 Posts
Welcome! I had one of the earlier ID.4 FE orders from 9/23 (before the computer crash) and canceled in part because I was so annoyed that the delay was said due to the EU legal situation (not COVID, but maybe indirectly). We were supposed to get Dec/Jan deliveries of the 1st.

I had a Mach-E reservation, which I have since canceled too. I regret letting go of my ID.4 first FE place. I am maybe/probably back for round 2 (Jan FE reservation). I was also early for the second round, so it might not make much difference in delivery date. Still not sure, I think the blue FE will be a fine car, but I also want to try a MME someday. Just found out I can do a one day MME test drive next week or so, so looks like some more Mach E time.

I will hold on to my VW FE reservation unless a surprise MME shows up and I can buy it (most MMEs on dealer lots now are demos not for sale). Still 85% sure I'm going ID.4 next. I only wish we could get a 1st Max in the U.S. You are lucky to get them there, probably with the heat pump too?
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand the frustration. I too have gotten frustrated at times with the lack of transparency. If I even had an estimated delivery month on my reservation portal that updated, I think I would be significantly more patient. I guess I would encourage you to hang onto your reservation until you actually purchase another EV (unless you need the deposit money back of course). That way you have maximum flexibility in case you decide to stick it out as you evaluate other options.
Thing is i got my other lease (Lexus) that ends April, and i got a buyer for it, but if VW keeps postponing and delaying delivery, the value of my Lexus goes down and i lose more money.

Got my dealer on the phone and gave them two options, eather they deliver a car as stated End mars/begnining april or ill cancel it. They could'nt give me a date at this time, so now i've cancelled it.
Tesla got fresh M3 updated ones coming in hot this mars.

Not that i dont want the car, i do, but its more of a statement to my dealer that they cant keep this up, if they've been straight from the beginning with delivery problems, keep us FE in the loop and informing us regeraly regarding delays and problems, this would be a none issue. As it is now i've bben the one contacting them regarding information about delivery etc. and they've been dodgey.

Welcome! I had one of the earlier ID.4 FE orders from 9/23 (before the computer crash) and canceled in part because I was so annoyed that the delay was said due to the EU legal situation (not COVID, but maybe indirectly). We were supposed to get Dec/Jan deliveries of the 1st.

I will hold on to my VW FE reservation unless a surprise MME shows up and I can buy it (most MMEs on dealer lots now are demos not for sale). Still 85% sure I'm going ID.4 next. I only wish we could get a 1st Max in the U.S. You are lucky to get them there, probably with the heat pump too?
Only the netherlands got it as they hade some thing regarding taxes, this was not communicated to other EU buyers as i know off, that information came beginning of Februari.
Im more on the side of "Any informations eather bad or Good is better than no information".

Hope you guys get your 1st Ed as stated end Mars.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
314 Posts
It would seem, at least for now, the VW corporate culture is secrecy. Even the news about the Dec/Jan U.S. delay only came from reports later confirmed by sources at VW. They must have their reasons, probably an older outdated management, bruised by legal woes.

It would be SO easy for a highly skilled PR type to just feed bits and pieces of information to keep us as informed as possible, while threading in some COVID, please be nice and appreciative of our hardworking dedicated VW employees who are taking some extra risk to themselves and their families, so that you can get your ID as soon as possible (which probably is the case).
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
142 Posts
Hey VWtalks, Long time lurker.

ironically that My first post in the forums would bee a vent for my feelings about VW lack of communication and lack of vara regarding delivery for EU Markets.

Context;
EU 1st Max (Sweden) order 30 September 2020.
Been said to be deliver Q1 prel Jan/Feb, then mid mars.

VW Sweden have been vauge the exact dates. By the ens of december we got an email dating they Will return with information regarding delivery shortly after New Year
Februari came (so not so shortly after) and we got the info that they would start delivery mid mars.

So, to Day, by cuincident i got some info on My car regarding its delivery.
It's set to be build prel V.13 (end or mars), est. Delivery +4 week, by experince 6 weeks.
That puts me in May for delivery.
Om this Close to cancell My order and buy another EV.

I've Almost lost almost all hope i hade that VW would pill this off.
And Close to leave the ship.

Anyone els In EU/US that gotten this not so happy suprise regarding delivery of their ID4.

Sorry for typos, writing on phone which i set to Swedish.
I feel your pain as I had the same experience in US waiting on my FE that has been sitting in US Port now for over 4 weeks! VW Customer Service and dealer had no clue when it would be delivered. Meanwhile in US the Pro ID4 is now being delivered to customers. So much for having a First Edition which was touted to be first in US market. I got fed up and cancelled last week. The communication throughout the process was just not good. Good luck and hope it works out for you.
 

·
Registered User
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
Joined
·
430 Posts
Agree with everyone else on the communication aspects of it. And every time I have talked to VW Customer Care I have told them that and told them that a lot of other folks feel the same way. I keep emphasizing to them that even passing along "bad" status news in a timely manner is way better than hearing silence. I have no expectation of them listening, but they had better for the long term
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
142 Posts
Agree with everyone else on the communication aspects of it. And every time I have talked to VW Customer Care I have told them that and told them that a lot of other folks feel the same way. I keep emphasizing to them that even passing along "bad" status news in a timely manner is way better than hearing silence. I have no expectation of them listening, but they had better for the long term
Exactly why I cancelled the order on my FE. Thanks for sharing.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
35 Posts
I canceled one of my orders yesterday. I raised my concern about the S/W issues last month and now I am reading about some mechanical issues. I’m not sure when the next OTA is due to be released but if is not done by the end of July, I’ll be cancelling the second one I’ve ordered.

I’m also tired of waiting for my next update on my September 23rd order. Meanwhile VW keep advertising for the car 😥
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
68 Posts
I canceled one of my orders yesterday. I raised my concern about the S/W issues last month and now I am reading about some mechanical issues. I’m not sure when the next OTA is due to be released but if is not done by the end of July, I’ll be cancelling the second one I’ve ordered.

I’m also tired of waiting for my next update on my September 23rd order. Meanwhile VW keep advertising for the car 😥
I personally ditched my Pro AWD order as soon as I heard of the possible delays due to the chip shortage. anyhow, got tired of waiting so went shopping online for Pro base model and landed one. just me so...
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
35 Posts
I understand Thomas but while that made sense to you, a RWD model won’t work for me in the Northeast. I’d also like the extra power.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
7 Posts
I understand Thomas but while that made sense to you, a RWD model won’t work for me in the Northeast. I’d also like the extra power.
It's sad to hear about the delays regarding the AWD model.

I opted for the RWD, even though I'm in northern VT with plenty of snow. Torque vectoring and some decent studded tires should still enable it to perform pretty well come winter.

I couldn't believe how quick the car shipped from Germany. I ordered it at the end of March and was told to expect shipment by the end of August. Much to my surprise it arrived at the end of April.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
35 Posts
It's sad to hear about the delays regarding the AWD model.

I opted for the RWD, even though I'm in northern VT with plenty of snow. Torque vectoring and some decent studded tires should still enable it to perform pretty well come winter.

I couldn't believe how quick the car shipped from Germany. I ordered it at the end of March and was told to expect shipment by the end of August. Much to my surprise it arrived at the end of April.
Great to hear.

I’m wondering if there is some kind of problem with the AWD cars that hasn’t been resolved and hence the delay. I realize there is a global chip shortage but the RWD cars are shipping. It would be really nice if VW could just let all of us AWD folks know…what a concept, communicate with your customers, the ones that keep funding your company. 🤔
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top