Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys are looking to keep the fingerprints and glare off of your infotainment display I found a company that offers a Matte PPF screen protector. Install was simple and now the fingerprints and glare have been cut down significantly! I also purchased the dash display just for continuity purposes as the dash doesn’t get touched. I did not see the smaller 10” infotainment but they do offer the 12” version.

Here is the link to their website if you’re interested in purchasing VW ID.4 12" Screen Protector Kit — theOCDplug.com

152DFE29-2591-4C45-940A-CFA03C4785CB.jpeg

after

D18FBC9C-52A5-46C6-BED6-5AAE842F4A73.jpeg
4036C190-8C4D-4842-A782-7A3B2F73B0C8.jpeg
8506A290-A930-4D3F-9104-9ACEF339D09C.jpeg

Attachments

·
32 Posts
Much better! This is a must buy IMO. Our prior Subaru had a glossy one which collected fingerprints like crazy and looked like crap 1 day after cleaning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
89 Posts
Oh that is interesting, I wonder if someone sells a tempered glass version.
Do you happen to know how this will fare with the baking heat of being inside of a car?

·
45 Posts
Ooh that's a nice one, I'm snagging that right away.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,554 Posts
PPF for your display. Nice! Should help with rock chips as well. 🤪

I'm always concerned with what to use to clean such displays but with this film it should be much easier. (y)

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh that is interesting, I wonder if someone sells a tempered glass version.
Do you happen to know how this will fare with the baking heat of being inside of a car?
PPF film is actually meant for exterior of vehicles so I can’t see there being any issue with heat.

·
PRO-S Gradient in Dusk Blue Metallic with Black interior/Tan inserts
103 Posts
Got it. Installed it. G-R-E-A-T! Thanks for the tip.

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
These really are great! Have a larger spray bottle handy (2 oz or bigger) - the one included in the kit is really too small for the installation process (you mix your own dish soap solution).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts