Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone: I got an email from our dealer that our car may arrive at the dealership in about a couple of weeks. Our car has been at Houston port since May 23. If it is coming in two weeks, it needs to be on a truck or train already or any time soon.
I am wondering if any one on this forum with their car in Houston had received such communication. I also have no idea if software update has happened or not. I tried to get on chat to VW customer care and that site is not available.

·
35 Posts
My car is also in Houston but no word on delivery. Wheel still shows “arriving in America” and 30-2. It’s listed on dealers site but not specified as “in transit from port” which others do show. I think it arrived same date or very close to yours.

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car is also in Houston but no word on delivery. Wheel still shows “arriving in America” and 30-2. It’s listed on dealers site but not specified as “in transit from port” which others do show. I think it arrived same date or very close to yours.
My code is still showing 30-1. I assumed two weeks for transit from Houston to Utah. So, still do not know where things stand.

·
5 Posts
Hello everyone: I got an email from our dealer that our car may arrive at the dealership in about a couple of weeks. Our car has been at Houston port since May 23. If it is coming in two weeks, it needs to be on a truck or train already or any time soon.
I am wondering if any one on this forum with their car in Houston had received such communication. I also have no idea if software update has happened or not. I tried to get on chat to VW customer care and that site is not available.
Our car arrived in Houston on May 20th. We moved to 30-2 two days ago; however, our wheel remains at "Leaving Factory." I did an online chat with VW yesterday to see if they could give any further insight since our estimated pickup has not changed from "May 2022-June 2022" and we're getting close to the end of that estimate. They didn't tell me much other than delivery is on track for June 2022 and we will receive an email when it leaves Port. I pushed back and said, so the car will arrive at the dealer in the next 8 days (we're in Wisconsin, so a long journey from Port). They just said "Please wait for the emails." :rolleyes: My car has shown up on the dealer website this week, but they can't tell me anything else.

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our car arrived in Houston on May 20th. We moved to 30-2 two days ago; however, our wheel remains at "Leaving Factory." I did an online chat with VW yesterday to see if they could give any further insight since our estimated pickup has not changed from "May 2022-June 2022" and we're getting close to the end of that estimate. They didn't tell me much other than delivery is on track for June 2022 and we will receive an email when it leaves Port. I pushed back and said, so the car will arrive at the dealer in the next 8 days (we're in Wisconsin, so a long journey from Port). They just said "Please wait for the emails." :rolleyes: My car has shown up on the dealer website this week, but they can't tell me anything else.
Thanks. So, I can expect our car here in Utah in a week or so. It will probably show up long before I can arrange for finances.

·
59 Posts
My code is still showing 30-1. I assumed two weeks for transit from Houston to Utah. So, still do not know where things stand.
My car has also been in port since May 22/23. My status has been 30-1 ever since getting loaded on the ship.
I know it is still in port because I had a conversation with a VW care representative to correct the Monroney label.
My dealer provided me with the M-label and I discovered there was a charge for "CarNet Safe & Secure" for $269 added to my order.
My dealer had no idea how it got there.

Anyway. I know the car is in port because the rep said that because it was still there they could regenerate the label.
A car matching my configuration and VIN appears on my dealer's website and is marked "In Transit", though in reality it is still in port.

·
1,103 Posts
I imagine nobody will be getting their cars until August or September. Definitely don’t plan your summer vacation around it or you will be in worse shape than the Griswolds!

·
ID.4 Pro S
118 Posts
My car sat at the Houston Port for several months and I ended up buying a cancelled one from the dealer instead. I live in the Houston area so it was very frustrating knowing that it was just a few miles away for over 3 months and I couldn't pick it up.

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Waaaaahhh!
You may be right. After we got an e mail from the dealer saying that our car will be at the dealership in a couple of weeks, we got this e-mail from VW.
Dear XXXXX
Your car is closer than ever but we need to make a software update before we can release your ID.4 to the dealer.
The software update has been initiated and will continue to occur over the next few weeks and when this has been completed, you will receive an email advising that your vehicle is on its way to your dealership.
Please note that it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for your car to get from its U.S. port to your dealership. Your dealer will then need a few days to prepare your ID.4 for pick up.
Since there are many Model Year 2022 ID.4s receiving this update, it may take a few weeks to get through all the vehicles. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get your new ID.4 to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

So, now I don't know how many weeks we have to wait. Does the dealer know more than what VW is telling us?

·
953 Posts
You may be right. After we got an e mail from the dealer saying that our car will be at the dealership in a couple of weeks, we got this e-mail from VW.
Dear XXXXX
Your car is closer than ever but we need to make a software update before we can release your ID.4 to the dealer.
The software update has been initiated and will continue to occur over the next few weeks and when this has been completed, you will receive an email advising that your vehicle is on its way to your dealership.
Please note that it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for your car to get from its U.S. port to your dealership. Your dealer will then need a few days to prepare your ID.4 for pick up.
Since there are many Model Year 2022 ID.4s receiving this update, it may take a few weeks to get through all the vehicles. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get your new ID.4 to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

So, now I don't know how many weeks we have to wait. Does the dealer know more than what VW is telling us?
At least they’re telling you something, even if it is that they can’t give you an exact date. I can’t imagine that the dealer would know more than this. But the good news is that you’re only a “few weeks” away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts