Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
ID4 AWD Pro
244 Posts
FWIW - I own/drive a Porsche Boxster as my 'daily driver' and my fiance owns/drives a Hyundai Tucson. I took delivery of my id.4 in December 2021 (Pro S, Dusk Blue / Gray) and I own it exclusively - but my fiance has driven it on some long legs and she LOVES it! She gave it high marks on low noise level, solid driving 'feel' and comfortable seats / cabin.
Sounds like when my wife first drive my sonata hybrid.
She hates driving my truck or sports car (harsh ride, manual), but loves the hybrid. It's why we sold her escape and ordered the ID4.

·
ID4 AWD Pro
244 Posts
My encounter at EA today

As usual, two of the four charging stations are out of order. I even called EA support and they couldn't do anything about either of them remotely. One of the chargers says "Unavailable", the other is frozen on the home screen and unresponsive. BTW one of the stations has been OOO for about 6 months.

There was a Bolt and an Audi e-tron at the working stations. I decided to wait. Both owners were on the phone to EA.

The Bolt owner couldn't get charging to start because the station couldn't read her phone or something. Together they finally did get it to work.

The Audi owner had finished charging but couldn't unplug the charger. It seemed to be stuck. I observed from a distance and figured out that she just didn't know how to unplug the thing. She was pulling on the charger weakly with one hand while talking on the phone with the other hand. The plug wouldn't budge. I offered to help her. Using both hands and some forceful pulling, I was able to unplug it. She thanked me profusely.

Both these owners had unfavorable experiences charging their cars.

This is not how the process should work. :(
Maybe we'd have a less crowded charger then? 😂

·
678 Posts
My encounter at EA today

As usual, two of the four charging stations are out of order. I even called EA support and they couldn't do anything about either of them remotely. One of the chargers says "Unavailable", the other is frozen on the home screen and unresponsive. BTW one of the stations has been OOO for about 6 months.

There was a Bolt and an Audi e-tron at the working stations. I decided to wait. Both owners were on the phone to EA.

The Bolt owner couldn't get charging to start because the station couldn't read her phone or something. Together they finally did get it to work.

The Audi owner had finished charging but couldn't unplug the charger. It seemed to be stuck. I observed from a distance and figured out that she just didn't know how to unplug the thing. She was pulling on the charger weakly with one hand while talking on the phone with the other hand. The plug wouldn't budge. I offered to help her. Using both hands and some forceful pulling, I was able to unplug it. She thanked me profusely.

Both these owners had unfavorable experiences charging their cars.

This is not how the process should work. :(
It sounds like all three owners had a sub par experience.

·
282 Posts
It's part of judging how my day goes. Will there be shenanigans at EA today? And will I meet anyone interesting and/or see any interesting vehicles? I charged next to an identical VW last time and a hippie grandma waved at me when she came back.

·
ID.4 GTX & Golf 1 Cabriolet
557 Posts
I ordered an ID4 Pure performance without telling my wife.
when she was almost asleep at night i told her that I had ordered a new car and that she could choose the color.
after not speaking to me for 3 weeks she decided the color should be white.
meanwhile we did a test drive and she loves the car.
😁
And now you have a blue ID.4...

·
ID.4 Pro S
10 Posts
A few months ago we went to the local EA charger, plugged my car in and went to the store.
When we came back a Taycan and another ID.4 are charging. I unplug my car, back out, roll my window down. The Taycan driver readies himself to talk to me about his car as I drive passed him and talk to the other ID.4 driver.

Kinda felt sorry for the Porsche guy.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts