Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ID.4 PRO S Galaxy Mythos Black Ext Galaxy Black Int
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Blackvue DR900S two-channel dashcam with a Blackvue battery backup for parking mode. The battery is hardwired to the fuse box so it can be charged when the car is on - and runs on the battery when the car is turned off. The cameras connect to the battery and draw power only from it.

Does anyone know if the ID.4 has a fuse box or if there is any possibility of hardwiring a dashcam battery to get charged only while the vehicle is "on".

Another option is just plugging into the 12V socket if it is not an always-on socket. Is there any information on the 12V socket power status when not in the vehicle?

·
628 Posts
If you look at some of the interior pictures of the ID4, you will see a cover up under the dash to the left of the steering wheel that opens from the bottom. Highly suspect that cover is for the fusebox.

Reactions: ted99 and IDFOUR.1

·
ID.4 PRO S Galaxy Mythos Black Ext Galaxy Black Int
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look at some of the interior pictures of the ID4, you will see a cover up under the dash to the left of the steering wheel that opens from the bottom. Highly suspect that cover is for the fusebox.
I see an image now on another post showing this. If it is a fuse panel I'll be interested in seeing the pnale layout/connections when it becomes available. Thanks.

·
Proud FE owner
949 Posts
That's where the fuse box would be (pretty standard for VW). Check the Boston meet & greet thread - there is info on accessing the ID.3 online user manual which great detail on the fuse arrangement.

·
628 Posts
I see an image now on another post showing this. If it is a fuse panel I'll be interested in seeing the pnale layout/connections when it becomes available. Thanks.

View attachment 1147
Yup, that is what I was talking about. Hopefully the car will come with a fuse layout, my '12 Passat and '14 JSW didn't. To get the layout I needed to register for erWin to get the details and then they were spread out across multiple schematics, 130 pages worth. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts