Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
53 Posts
I just called them to let them know so they can't say next week they don't have time to look at it. He didn't seem to care. Shocker. Glad I only leased this car. If the service ends up being poor I'll never buy a Volkswagon. I've never in my life experienced a squeaky steering wheel. Yet alone the car only being 2 months old. Any luck gnanesh09?
Just leave a Google review and see them chasing you to fix it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I just called them to let them know so they can't say next week they don't have time to look at it. He didn't seem to care. Shocker. Glad I only leased this car. If the service ends up being poor I'll never buy a Volkswagon. I've never in my life experienced a squeaky steering wheel. Yet alone the car only being 2 months old. Any luck gnanesh09?
I will visit the dealer once parts arrive for the other issue and i will ask him to test the steering wheel noise after driving few minutes. From email the reply i got from dealer is "with warranty concerns, we can only take action if the concern is verifiable and deemed serviceable per VW". as of now they don't find anything in VW service plan related to steering wheel issues

·
15 Posts
I will visit the dealer once parts arrive for the other issue and i will ask him to test the steering wheel noise after driving few minutes. From email the reply i got from dealer is "with warranty concerns, we can only take action if the concern is verifiable and deemed serviceable per VW". as of now they don't find anything in VW service plan related to steering wheel issues
Is yours getting any worse? Mine seems worst when I turn at 90 degree angles and mostly turning right the most.

·
53 Posts
It still the same. I don't think it will go away by itself
These are FE right? I think the very first production FEs do have some annoying issues that should have been fixed at the factory. Sorry to hear about your problems.

·
28 Posts
My FE is showing the same issue, pretty faint compared to the video but definitely there on low speed right turns, esp with AC on - even if AC is only at 78 f and it's 80 outside. I'll bring it up to the service dept, along with a door latch issue on both LH doors, and request they document my date of first complaint for each issue.

I've lived with unfixed issues on 5 of 8 new cars over the years and I don't want this car to be #6

·
70 Posts
So is the steering wheel noise and door hinge a common problem with the FEs or do most with a FE not having issues? I’m supposed to be picking one up on Wednesday but if there are a bunch of known issues that are known only to the FE, I will consider a different trim level.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,549 Posts
As most anomalies rare. I've had very few issues, mostly the oft discussed software items, a number of which fixed by App updates and others the vehicle self-resets. As most I am looking forward to the first OTA software update tho'.
The tailgate light bar bulge gap is it for me mechanically and in now cooler weather it is back to normal.
Aside from the "what I like ..." thread you don't see many automotive forums with positive comments. Just the way forums operate.
Enjoy your FE delivery! (y)
So is the steering wheel noise and door hinge a common problem with the FEs or do most with a FE not having issues? I’m supposed to be picking one up on Wednesday but if there are a bunch of known issues that are known only to the FE, I will consider a different trim level.

·
Super Moderator
472 Posts
My FE does not have these issues. We have had software problems such as some systems not being available, or warning lights on the dash but all have fixed themselves. One time we lost the speedometer and other screens but the next morning it was like nothing ever happened.

·
70 Posts
Thanks @Huey52 and @Spin! I am someone who always updates things to beta software so I am ok with a few software glitches here and there as long as VW recognizes and fixes the problem. My main concern is always hardware as I don’t like techs poking around and replacing parts. It’s never the same! Seems like the general consensus is that the ID4 has a quality build with a few people having hardware issues that are not widespread. I will just make sure to do a thorough inspection before taking delivery. Im really excited for this car!

·
15 Posts
Took my ID.4 to the dealership today to get it's 2 month checkup. Was supposed to take an hour it took 3. The tech said he couldn't reproduce the steering wheel sound and wanted me to take a drive with him. I had a work meeting that I was about to be late for since they took 3 hours so I told them I needed to go. I get into the car and immediately hear the sound. At this point it is what it is. Even if he heard it there wasn't anything he was going to do to fix it anyway. Bummer oh well.

·
53 Posts
Took my ID.4 to the dealership today to get it's 2 month checkup. Was supposed to take an hour it took 3. The tech said he couldn't reproduce the steering wheel sound and wanted me to take a drive with him. I had a work meeting that I was about to be late for since they took 3 hours so I told them I needed to go. I get into the car and immediately hear the sound. At this point it is what it is. Even if he heard it there wasn't anything he was going to do to fix it anyway. Bummer oh well.
That’s a bummer indeed. Here I am worried about a weird noise when the car is parked and locked. Haha. Sorry you have to live with it. Did you try contacting VW and see if they can do something about it?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts