Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
252 Posts
I spoke to a few dealers in NJ and all of them confirmed there is no markup., though they had very few details to share. Sharing a monthly newsletter sent out to dealers by VW America, courtesy one of the NJ dealer.

VW USA dealer newsletter
Can I ask which dealers you called? Or at least if you called Open Road VW in Bridgewater?

·
314 Posts
I spoke to a few dealers in NJ and all of them confirmed there is no markup., though they had very few details to share. Sharing a monthly newsletter sent out to dealers by VW America, courtesy one of the NJ dealer.

VW USA dealer newsletter
That is really interesting! The video for the dealerships in the newsletter can be downloaded, so that is what they knew before hand! The sample reservation pages were from this video. Clearly the dealer that speculated S, SE, SEL was not paying attention, where they say there are 7 combinations, it is not like S, SE, etc. Thanks so much for sharing.

·
67 Posts
I have been told no dealer markup or additional fees by my dealer in Cincinnati. Unlike dealers I spoke to in California about the RAV4 Prime (and possibly the ID.4 as well).

·
66 Posts
I don't mind paying MSRP for a new model, but refuse to pay dealer markup. I would wait 6-12 months to avoid that.

·
112 Posts
I’m negative on my trade in for sure. They’ll make some extra cash that way. If they try a markup I’m out.

·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Exactly why I started this discussion. But, after seeing comments and talking to my dealer its not happening. They saw what happened to Ford.

·
14 Posts
I took my Atlas for service at the dealership that I chose to pick up the ID4, Capistrano VW. Talked to the Sales Manager and he said that they will not be marking up the ID4. He also mentioned that they had about 18 - 20 reservations. I asked when he expects to receive the ID4's. He said nothing solid, but they could arrive as early as December. But he thinks it's more like January. Take that info with a grain of salt.

·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I took my Atlas for service at the dealership that I chose to pick up the ID4, Capistrano VW. Talked to the Sales Manager and he said that they will not be marking up the ID4. He also mentioned that they had about 18 - 20 reservations. I asked when he expects to receive the ID4's. He said nothing solid, but they could arrive as early as December. But he thinks it's more like January. Take that info with a grain of salt.
Where is your dealer located? Are you a ZEV State?

·
Proud FE owner
906 Posts
I live in Southern California. According to google, yes were a ZEV state.
California has it's own Dieselgate settlement with VW. You are definitely #1 on VW's priority list.

·
1 Posts
There may be no mark up, but dealers like to tag on their share of Dealer fees, prep fees, documentation fees, to name afew
Like tesla VW should state the complete fees before delivery day.

VW USA dealer newsletter

View attachment 627

·
VW ID.4 FE Reservation
61 Posts
If you're in the Chicago, IL area, I confirmed with Jennings Volkswagen in Glenview that there will be no additional dealer markup. Obviously taxes/doc fees/etc. will still apply. At least one other area dealer was less open with their expected pricing.

·
76 Posts
If you're in the Chicago, IL area, I confirmed with Jennings Volkswagen in Glenview that there will be no additional dealer markup. Obviously taxes/doc fees/etc. will still apply. At least one other area dealer was less open with their expected pricing.
Welcome fellow flatlander. I've not talked with my "preferred dealer", Fox Valley VW in Schaumburg, in a few weeks. in a few weeks. At that time the sales guy was still "training" on the ID.4 and couldn't speak to the potential dealer mark-up. I did share that I'd explore my options if they decided to go that route. Thanks for providing that option.

·
71 Posts
Just received a response from Emich VW in Denver and the owner provided the following response when asked about dealer markups:

We plan to charge the price quoted in the system (MSRP), plus $599 dealer handling/doc fee, if financing the state charges $37.20 in a title/lien fee.

Not sure if handling/doc fees are completely avoidable, but nice to see no markup on the price.

·
43 Posts
Just received a response from Emich VW in Denver and the owner provided the following response when asked about dealer markups:

We plan to charge the price quoted in the system (MSRP), plus $599 dealer handling/doc fee, if financing the state charges $37.20 in a title/lien fee.

Not sure if handling/doc fees are completely avoidable, but nice to see no markup on the price.
So no destination charge?

·
Proud FE owner
906 Posts
Destination charges are required by law.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
539 Posts

I thought $599 dealer handling/doc fee was outrageous but then looked it up. Apparently that is just about average for Colorado (although, Colorado is one of the highest states in the nation). By law, dealer document fees are capped at $80 in Cali. (Although we also pay one of the highest sales tax rates and no sale stax offsets for trade-ins so would rather have the higher document fee than all the other charges)

21 - 40 of 58 Posts