Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an ID.4 Pro on Saturday. Drove it for 25 minutes and then the low 12 volt battery warning came on. I did as it said and drove some more in an attempt to charge it. Stayed on. It's been back to the dealer for service for the last three days. Not a great start.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Just purchased an ID.4 Pro on Saturday. Drove it for 25 minutes and then the low 12 volt battery warning came on. I did as it said and drove some more in an attempt to charge it. Stayed on. It's been back to the dealer for service for the last three days. Not a great start.

Had a glitch early on
After that, no problems at all
I wish you luck
It worked for me
Love the iD.4

·
20 Posts
Sounds like your dealer didn't complete the pre-delivery checklist before handing the car over to you. Part of that checklist is to ensure that the 12v battery is fully charged (tend to discharge after leaving factory and sitting on a boat and in-port for a few weeks. Given that they didn't perform this task, it also appears that they just aren't trained correctly on how to deal with this situation. If they can't fix it in 3 days and haven't told you what the issue is, I think they're just floundering.

·
690 Posts

Who is your dealer?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,554 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad your dealer was able to relatively quickly resolve.
Battery replacement these days is not as simple as just plug & play:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts