Volkswagen ID Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
36 Posts
Pro business v. pro consumer is one of those philosophical debates in which few will ever change their mind. Yes, you can make pro consumer laws that are so one-sided that you chase off businesses and the consumer ends up with fewer choices and higher prices over the long run. And you can be so pro business than consumers end up screwed. The devil is in the details, and I suspect this forum is not a very good place for this particular argument.

·
36 Posts
Leasing costs can involve both the finance company (i.e., "lessor") AND the dealer if arranged though the dealer. The dealer may get a higher commission for arranging the lease with a higher interest rate (which gives a higher money factor) so it often pays to be prepared for some back and forth. There are a number of examples on this forum of lease offers that started off high and ended up better. It is worth your time to read though those discussions before you start discussing details with your dealer.

·
2021 1st
476 Posts
HI Everyone. Awaiting arrival of my ID4. Have never leased before but leaning towards it since car is a first generation. Who determines the money factor, dealership or other entity?
The entity providing the lease (called the lessor). In this situation it's VW Credit.

·
36 Posts
Yes, VW Credit is typically the lessor, but that is generally arranged through the dealer, hence my prior observation about the dealer's interaction as middleman. Often one doesn't receive the best offer in the first round.

·
2021 1st
476 Posts
Yeah, your post wasn't there when I responded because I hadn't refreshed the page after coming in from washing the car.

Regardless, VW Credit sets the money factor. Some dealerships will insert themselves into the process but they don't set the money factor. They take an established money factor (set by the lessor) and then add to it whatever they can talk a customer into so they can make even more money beyond selling the vehicle.

·
36 Posts
It’s not only MF a buyer should be aware of. They also need to know how lease calculations work. Dealers can easily manipulate the numbers when they sense a buyer is not well informed.

·
11 Posts
VW CREDIT LEASE PROTECTION PLAN -- I went into my dealership to complete the paperwork and things were going great until the finance guy came into the picture.
I told him the MSRP on VW Lease Protection Plan is $950 but some dealers are discounting to $795 (the general sales manager who I was working with prior to this was
certain they would provide a discount but that was outside his control). The finance guy immediately said he should be charging $1495 or $1595 because the ID.4 is a
very complex car and he would get in trouble if he charged me "only" $995. I walked out and told the sales manager I'd come back today.

I'm received an email from VW credit that outlined the various protection options for the ID.4 -- one tab was for purchases and another for leases. I can't find that email.

When I started the ordering process I spoke with my dealer and said I didn't want to play games.

If anyone has anything wirtten with the Lease Protection Plan piricing for the ID.4, please send it my way or post it here.

Thanks!

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
594 Posts
VW CREDIT LEASE PROTECTION PLAN -- I went into my dealership to complete the paperwork and things were going great until the finance guy came into the picture.
I told him the MSRP on VW Lease Protection Plan is $950 but some dealers are discounting to $795 (the general sales manager who I was working with prior to this was
certain they would provide a discount but that was outside his control). The finance guy immediately said he should be charging $1495 or $1595 because the ID.4 is a
very complex car and he would get in trouble if he charged me "only" $995. I walked out and told the sales manager I'd come back today.

I'm received an email from VW credit that outlined the various protection options for the ID.4 -- one tab was for purchases and another for leases. I can't find that email.

When I started the ordering process I spoke with my dealer and said I didn't want to play games.

If anyone has anything wirtten with the Lease Protection Plan piricing for the ID.4, please send it my way or post it here.

Thanks!
Did he explain how the ID.4 is a "complex car"? My guess is they spent half a day trying to figure out how to change the oil, and when they couldn't figure it out, they just labeled it "complex."

Reactions: ozkayamur and Nai3t

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
457 Posts
Did he explain how the ID.4 is a "complex car"? My guess is they spent half a day trying to figure out how to change the oil, and when they couldn't figure it out, they just labeled it "complex."
... and because flying pistons, interference valve timing, high pressure fuel pumps, and electronically shifted transmission aren't complex!

Reactions: TT97

·
63 Posts
When my dealer emailed to say my FE is almost here, he said that "the customer has 5 days to claim it after it arrives before it becomes open and available for retail to other customers." Is this an official stance that others have heard, or a hard sell tactic from my dealer?

I'm planning to pick it up as soon as it arrives, but I'm concerned that this could be a sign of possible shenanigans when I get there to sign the paperwork.

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
360 Posts
When my dealer emailed to say my FE is almost here, he said that "the customer has 5 days to claim it after it arrives before it becomes open and available for retail to other customers." Is this an official stance that others have heard, or a hard sell tactic from my dealer?

I'm planning to pick it up as soon as it arrives, but I'm concerned that this could be a sign of possible shenanigans when I get there to sign the paperwork.
when I got the call Monday saying mine was in, all my dealer asked was when did I want to come get it. He knows I am coming from out of state and need a little lead time and didn't blink or say a word when I said I needed about a week to get there.

Maybe your dealer is looking to be able to sell yours for a markup?

·
ID.4 Pro S, Blue / Lunar Gray
18 Posts

The terms and conditions do state that you shall make your best effort to purchase within 5 days. I don't recall the exact language, it was somewhere in my portal once available for purchase. My dealer also enforced the 5 days, but there were no other shenanigans and I had a very good experience.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
594 Posts
The terms and conditions do state that you shall make your best effort to purchase within 5 days. I don't recall the exact language, it was somewhere in my portal once available for purchase. My dealer also enforced the 5 days, but there were no other shenanigans and I had a very good experience.
I saw someone else reference the 5 days as well. Where do you find the terms & conditions? I have looked everywhere and never saw any (but I have only given WV $500 so far).

·
13 Posts
I posted in the NJ thread but it seems like some NJ dealerships are giving extensions due to all the ID.4 cancellations with the state rebate on hold until July. Nothing as of today (been a week). So in the end while its in terms and conditions, the current dealership didn't know how many days while the other I was going to transfer too said they can go past the 5 days (within reason of course)

Shame you can't transfer dealerships. This one tried to sell me it. Once I told them I am going to cancel due to the rebate being on hold, they THEN told me they are allowed to hold the cars until VW talks with the state to get more information on when it will reup.

Just be careful out there.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
446 Posts
when I got the call Monday saying mine was in, all my dealer asked was when did I want to come get it. He knows I am coming from out of state and need a little lead time and didn't blink or say a word when I said I needed about a week to get there.

Maybe your dealer is looking to be able to sell yours for a markup?
A Week!!!! @RocketVol I expected you would be there when the truck arrives!!!

Reactions: theboomr

·
63 Posts
Found it, from a link in the "place your order" email: ID.4 Terms
OK, good to hear. Thanks.

·
360 Posts
A Week!!!! @RocketVol I expected you would be there when the truck arrives!!!
I KNOW!!! o_O it's killing me, but unfortunately the work that allows me to have one of these is getting in the way....so inconsiderate and rude. But I am hitting the road at 0400 tomorrow for the 650 mile trek home to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Hope to be swaddled in fake VW leather by 5 tomorrow afternoon!

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
446 Posts
I KNOW!!! o_O it's killing me, but unfortunately the work that allows me to have one of these is getting in the way....so inconsiderate and rude. But I am hitting the road at 0400 tomorrow for the 650 mile trek home to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Hope to be swaddled in fake VW leather by 5 tomorrow afternoon!
So excited for you! have you put a playlist of Sea Shanties, Ocean sounds and Pirate Dirges together. You know, just to make shwimwaggen feel comfortable.

·
360 Posts
So excited for you! have you put a playlist of Sea Shanties, Ocean sounds and Pirate Dirges together. You know, just to make shwimwaggen feel comfortable.
LOL! I have a couple of pirate songs I can play for sure! maybe I should get a goldfish in a bowl to carry in the front seat so it can remember the old times! And I still expect water, starfish, fish, crabs, Sponge Bob, and sand to flow out when I open the door!

281 - 300 of 313 Posts