Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 3 of 332 Posts

2021 ID.4 Pro S AWD w/Gradient - Kings Red
348 Posts
My local dealer has 6 of 8 units (2022) showing available to reserve vs sale pending. Shockingly last week I had a cold call from different dealer that sold me my E-Golf back in 3/2020 to see if I was interested in trading it in for an ID.4 - guess the bubble is bursting on the used/new car market. Told them I was not interested and to check back in with me in the new year - they were disinterested 6 months ago while they were chasing crazy markups so I am disinterested now. :LOL:

348 Posts
I think the influx of more competitors in the price range is going to help on the demand side of things, when you think of it what was really a direct competitor (price and body style) when the ID.4 came out? Now other makers are slowly rolling out actual direct competitors, I honestly didn't even know about the Blazer and Equinox coming soon in electric but the more the merrier and more supply to meet apparent demand.

348 Posts
Then there is that giant risk of spending $25K for a battery after 8 years. I was planning to keep my EV for at least 12 years.
What is this nonsense about a $25k battery after 8 years? The battery doesn't just go kaput the day after the warranty expires. This is like saying the engine and transmission in an ICE just drops dead the day after the warranty expires - guess a VW gasser is only good for 4 years and your looking at a $5k engine and $5k transmission (guesstimates) at 4 years 1 day.

1 - 3 of 332 Posts