Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2023 I ordered is at my local dealer (despite the VW site shows Leaving the Factory), but I am not sure I want it.
I have not driven one and my local dealer said they do not offer test drives, so this is almost a non-starter. A few questions for those who have taken delivery and other wise folks:
  • Thoughts on resale value. How many dealers or others are selling them for above MSRP?
  • Overall satisfaction?
  • Value compared to Vinfast and Fisker?
  • Any insight with trade ins? I have a 2012 Impreza Limited.
Thanks in advance
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire

Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think OP probably meant a demo. Many dealers don't have an "extra" ID4 for people to do test drives. Heck, some don't even have any on the lot to check out!

GR
Would take a drive in a 2022.
Expect the Fisker Ocean by mid-next year and optimistic about their future especially since they are built at the Magna factory, and Fisker learned a lot from their first foray and from the current EV competition. Like the Ocean and features more than the ID4.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're hedging on completing the purchase, the dealer may be hedging on allowing anyone to drive it. My dealer is pretty strict on this. Nobody can test drive a Golf GTI or Golf R either. They did have a FE for test drives for a few months but they sold it and have no demonstrator now.
Wow. Interesting. Makes a bigger difference now when they are so scarce.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts