Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
669 Posts
The 2023 I ordered is at my local dealer (despite the VW site shows Leaving the Factory), but I am not sure I want it.
I have not driven one and my local dealer said they do not offer test drives, so this is almost a non-starter. A few questions for those who have taken delivery and other wise folks:
  • Thoughts on resale value. How many dealers or others are selling them for above MSRP?
  • Overall satisfaction?
  • Value compared to Vinfast and Fisker?
  • Any insight with trade ins? I have a 2012 Impreza Limited.
Thanks in advance View attachment 17692
View attachment 17691
I think the dealer is a jerk - like so many - and I would cancel the order. Shortly there will be plenty of them for sale. Actually you may want to consider a PHEV instead. The new Prius Prime gets about 40 miles as a pure EV with about 600 miles range and no charging anxiety. EPA has it rated as one of the highest MPGe on the market!

·
669 Posts
Too bad the new Prius has a 9-12month wait and they don’t even know the cost or trim combos. I’ve called 6 dealers to check.
When I ordered my ID4 it had about 6 months wait time, but about a month after I ordered it I walked into another dealer and walked out with a new 1st edition! There is so much BS on these forums I have gotten to where I rarely pay any attention any more....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts