Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. Over the past month and a bit of ownership I have noticed my ID.4 going into deep sleep at times. When in deep sleep I cannot walk up and have it unlock automatically even though I have this function setup. Furthermore unlocking from the back doors when in the state is impossible. I must get the key fob out and hit the unlock button. Also when this deep sleep happens, I get in and am greeted with the infotainment screen rebooting.

I found this deep sleep to be random when unplugged and sitting. Sometimes it happens right away, other times it does not. Though 100% if I am on a L2 charger and the charge is done, it unlocks the charge plug and the car goes into deep sleep.

Wondering if others have seen this. Hoping I am not chasing a bad ground or 12v battery issue.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
963 Posts
This is a minor point compared to the bigger issue you're reporting, but there are no unlock sensors on the rear doors, or at least mine never unlocks from the rear doors (or am I reading your comment wrong?).

I haven't experienced this behavior, but also haven't L2 charged more than a few times. Hopefully something glitchy that'll be squashed in the first OTA.

·
28 Posts
I found this deep sleep to be random when unplugged and sitting. Sometimes it happens right away, other times it does not. Though 100% if I am on a L2 charger and the charge is done, it unlocks the charge plug and the car goes into deep sleep.
I had this very thing happen yesterday. I had set the climate to be on, via the Car-Net app, about 20 minutes before heading out. It was plugged into my L2 charger at almost 100%. When I got to the ID.4 and hopped in, the climate was back off and the vehicle was in deep sleep. It must have reached 100% charge and decided to take a nap, despite my directions to cool the cabin. It had slightly cooled it before going all sleeping beauty on me. I kissed the brake pedal to wake it up.

·
411 Posts
As the title says. Over the past month and a bit of ownership I have noticed my ID.4 going into deep sleep at times. When in deep sleep I cannot walk up and have it unlock automatically even though I have this function setup. Furthermore unlocking from the back doors when in the state is impossible. I must get the key fob out and hit the unlock button. Also when this deep sleep happens, I get in and am greeted with the infotainment screen rebooting.

Wondering if others have seen this. Hoping I am not chasing a bad ground or 12v battery issue.
What are you classifying as "deep sleep"?

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess a follow up question, how often do you get in and are greeted with the boot up screen, meaning the screen you get when you cold boot the infotainment by holding down the power button 20 seconds?

I really hope what is happening is just a software bug but who knows. The car is fine otherwise. I do have the occasional sensor freak out where ACC and travel assist stop working and the binnacle lights up like a Christmas tree with warning lights.

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am starting to think always carrying my key in my pocket may be part of the issue. I must walk by the car 10 times before actually getting in it and driving away due to its proximity to my living space. Each time it is “starting” up the car.

Today I have left the key in another further away room and the car fully charged and went into deep sleep like it normally does, but woke up when I got close to the charge port. I need to test more but it looks like there is some proximity sensing going on.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
I have generally learned to keep the key out of range in the kitchen if I am not planning to go anywhere. Regarding reinitialisation stuff, I notice that the CarPlay link with my phone seems to reset every few drives and I haven't yet determined the trigger for that.

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to say maybe it was me keeping my key too close all the time. I kept the key away all day today and the car never went into deep sleep even after a drive and then coming back and charging. Also no infotainment reboots.

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to say maybe it was me keeping my key too close all the time. I kept the key away all day today and the car never went into deep sleep even after a drive and then coming back and charging. Also no infotainment reboots.
Also day two down with both keys well away from the garage and not a single infotainment reboot. Starting to wonder if it was the keys or if VW is doing minor bug fix OTA’s and not giving any indication. We know for a fact they are doing this with map updates as several of us have had our map versions bumped up and I have seen new roads and particularly my address appear in the new update, but they were done with nary a peep from the car. Starting to think this may be happening with some of the more problematic modules.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts