Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
AWD PRO S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Volkswagen Dealers,

To ensure a positive owner in waiting experience for our reservation holders, we will now communicate an updated delivery estimate timeline to our ID.4 Pro RWD and AWD customers.

By Wednesday, March 17th, the ID.4 page on vw.com will be updated to say that the RWD will be available “Starting Summer 2021” and the AWD will be available “Starting Oct – Dec 2021.”

On Friday, March 5th, a wave of ID.4 Pro and Pro S RWD as well as AWD customers were invited to lock in their orders by making a one-time, fully-refundable vehicle deposit of $400*. As we were still updating delivery dates in our materials, customers who made the $400 deposit—about 800 in total— saw an incorrect date of “Early 2021” listed as their estimated delivery on the web confirmation page.

On Monday, March 8th, the confirmation page was corrected by removing the estimated Delivery Timing. The confirmation page—along with other parts of the reservation experience, including outbound emails—will soon be updated to state that AWD customers should expect their vehicle to arrive 6 - 8 months after their order lock date, and that RWD customers should expect their vehicle to arrive 3 - 4 months after their order lock date.

For the group of about 800 customers who already locked their orders, we have already begun sending correction emails to reset expectations with accurate timing estimates, as referenced in the linked customer email templates for RWD customers and AWD customers. These emails will continue to go out on a rolling basis over the next several days.

To further support these AWD customers, who have an estimated arrival of Q4 in 2021, we are offering them the option to contact Customer CARE to swap their reservation for a RWD vehicle with an earlier delivery date. For AWD customers currently financed through Volkswagen Credit, it may be timely to contact your customers about potential lease extension opportunities.

The good news is that each one of your reservation holders will have a chance to finally get behind the wheel of an ID.4 and discover everything that makes it worth the wait. With your demo vehicles arriving this month, it’s a great time to invite customers to experience the car.

Thank you for your support in this process and your ongoing commitment to delivering the best customer experience possible.

Electric Vehicle Team

Reactions: Jachnoon

·
89 Posts
Is it just me, or does 800 pre-orders sound low? I know that doesn't include 1st Editions, but given the number of cars on the road I worry about VW gaining significant share in the EV space.

·
214 Posts
Is it just me, or does 800 pre-orders sound low? I know that doesn't include 1st Editions, but given the number of cars on the road I worry about VW gaining significant share in the EV space.
It just references 800 who locked their orders, so it's impossible to determine how many reservations exist, and how many were invited to lock their orders.

·
538 Posts
Doh! 8 months after lock date for AWD, and I am not locked yet. That puts me into next year😥

·
94 Posts
Hmm. This doesn't mention anything about RWD orders that were locked in in January. I wonder what that means for my delivery schedule.

·
538 Posts
Hmm. This doesn't mention anything about RWD orders that were locked in in January. I wonder what that means for my delivery schedule.
RWD customers should expect their vehicle to arrive 3 - 4 months after their order lock date. You should be soon!

Reactions: gazpachoking

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
I ma thinking's that part of this messaging is clarity. RWD that locked in in January will likely receive said devices in 3-4 months from that date, April to May.

Reactions: gazpachoking

·
20 Posts
I'm just going to sit on my AWD locked reservation for now. I am scheduled to drive a RWD on 3/24, that will be the next decision point for making any changes. With AWD deliveries so late in the year, I'm starting to wonder when the model year 2022 cycle will start, and what improvements that might bring...

·
538 Posts
I'm just going to sit on my AWD locked reservation for now. I am scheduled to drive a RWD on 3/24, that will be the next decision point for making any changes. With AWD deliveries so late in the year, I'm starting to wonder when the model year 2022 cycle will start, and what improvements that might bring...
The main thing I have seen teased about 2022 is they will offer a cheaper $35,000 model with about a 25% smaller battery. And everything about the TN production may be about to change with the LG versus SK battery trade secret ruling that just happened.

Reactions: jdaytonps54

·
62 Posts
For the 800 who locked in with incorrect expectations, seems like common sense customer service would be to offer some perk, even a small gesture, to encourage us to keep waiting without ill will

Also, their tech team is struggling if it takes over a week to update their website reservation portal delivery estimate and they can't figure out how to send emails to 800 people in one day

·
140 Posts
I just went in to lock my order for the AWD pro-S and it shows a galaxy black interior as my choice even though I'd picked lunar grey. It's also not allowing me to change it. I definitely don't want a black interior, not my thing. Anyone else seen this issue?

·
691 Posts
I just went in to lock my order for the AWD pro-S and it shows a galaxy black interior as my choice even though I'd picked lunar grey. It's also not allowing me to change it. I definitely don't want a black interior, not my thing. Anyone else seen this issue?
The same issue was reported here months ago. I would be calling VW Customer Care ASAP. That is what the other person had to do to straighten it out.

Reactions: Vwvkk

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
398 Posts
Gees, with these kinds of unexpected delays and missed delivery timeframes, you'd think VW really is targeting Tesla. I was OK with not getting my Pro S AWD 'til the late summer, but winter 2021? Didn't see that coming.

·
140 Posts
The same issue was reported here months ago. I would be calling VW Customer Care ASAP. That is what the other person had to do to straighten it out.
Thanks -- good advice.

Just called and the person I talked to was very surprised and couldn't figure it out by default and has to escalate it. Will likely be next week.

I encourage everyone to "Edit Configuration" before confirming to make sure you are getting what you are expecting. Their system definitely changed my initial order.

·
324 Posts
Thanks -- good advice.

Just called and the person I talked to was very surprised and couldn't figure it out by default and has to escalate it. Will likely be next week.

I encourage everyone to "Edit Configuration" before confirming to make sure you are getting what you are expecting. Their system definitely changed my initial order.
I had the issue of system changing my configuration as well, after lock-in. The only reason I found out about it was that customer service called to tell me that there would be a price change because there were incompatible option in the configuration. Everything was changed: interior color, exterior color, and model. Luckily they were able to correct it.

·
2 Posts
I've had a order since November and didn't get the email about locking in the reservation. Also nothing has changed on the reservation page. I'm still at step one. This might be because of body color choice. I chose one of the grey's and I'm guessing VW isn't prioritizing that color

·
115 Posts
I finally got the email from VW stating the new delivery timeline. I don’t know why it takes them so long to send out emails!

Reactions: epl

·
29 Posts
I locked in my reservation in Jan also. Dealer told me yesterday that the delivery window was looking like late April to late May.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts