Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

AWD PRO S
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this email:

Time for an update.
Hi XXXXX,
We're writing to notify you that the estimated delivery timeframe of your ID.4 has changed to October-December 2021.
All good things in life are worth the wait, and we truly believe you're going to love the ID.4.
We realize this may require you to adjust plans for your current vehicle. If you'd like to get into a rear-wheel drive ID.4 earlier, please contact our Customer CARE team. Or, if you need to cancel your reservation, simply log into my ID.4 Reservation and you'll receive a full refund. We thank you for your patience.

Doh! surprising they would lock your order if you are 7 - 9 months out.

Reactions: graftondog

AWD PRO S
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doh! surprising they would lock your order if you are 7 - 9 months out.
But they did -- just 5 days ago. There's the offer of the full refund but I don't want my $500, I want my car.

I was really expecting September, hopeful for August, but December? And now that there's been on slide in the schedule I'm not so confident in that either.

Time for an update.
Hi XXXXX,
We're writing to notify you that the estimated delivery timeframe of your ID.4 has changed to October-December 2021.
All good things in life are worth the wait, and we truly believe you're going to love the ID.4.
We realize this may require you to adjust plans for your current vehicle. If you'd like to get into a rear-wheel drive ID.4 earlier, please contact our Customer CARE team. Or, if you need to cancel your reservation, simply log into my ID.4 Reservation and you'll receive a full refund. We thank you for your patience.
I guess I won't be reading "ID4 Obsession resulted in understanding shipping logistics:)" for awhile.

Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
Did you pre-order on launch day? I haven鈥檛 received an email like that.

With it that late in the year, they may already be hyping the 2022 model! And many of us may decide to wait depending on what the 2022 features and prices turn out to be. I will keep my $ in to stay in the q just incase there is not anything better.

Reactions: theboomr

AWD PRO S
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you pre-order on launch day? I haven鈥檛 received an email like that.
I reserved on 9/26, received my lock-in request on 3/5 and did so (even though lock-in was open until 3/19.)

I reserved on 9/26, received my lock-in request on 3/5 and did so (even though lock-in was open until 3/19.)
Oh no. I was hoping you ordered in December or so. It feels like as if every three months the AWD is delayed by another three months. We went from mid 2021 to end 2021 and that within 6 months. We seem to always have to wait for 9 months.

Even stranger is: why do we need to lock in now even though it is still 9 months until delivery?

Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
Damn. I have a lease up on November 17 and the ID.4 is replacing that vehicle. I'm not going to buy something else to drive around for a month or two while waiting for the ID.4. C'mon VW, enough with the nonsense!

I wish VW would update the configurator on their U.S. website. It still shows "Available Nationwide Q1 2021" for RWD, and "Available Mid 2021" for AWD.

That's a similar timeframe for the availability of the Nissan Ariya, Hyundai IONIQ 5, and likely Kia EV6. I think VW blew their opportunity as all those cars will be strong, if not significantly better, competition to the ID4.

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
That's a similar timeframe for the availability of the Nissan Ariya, Hyundai IONIQ 5, and likely Kia EV6. I think VW blew their opportunity as all those cars will be strong, if not significantly better, competition to the ID4.
No guarantee that those others won't be delayed either.

Pro S w/Gradient AWD

Time for an update.
Hi XXXXX,
As posted earlier, if I'm not taking delivery until late summer/fall I hope they identify this vehicle as a 2022 model.

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
SO true. I don't think I've seen a EV launch on time yet.

Reactions: theboomr

The IONIQ 5 won鈥檛 be formally introduced in the U.S. until December, 2021. The Kia EV6 will get its international unveiling this month, and I鈥檓 not sure where the U.S. fits into their priorities.

The waiting period is so long!!! If i order ID4 RWD now, will I be able to purchase it in this summer?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts