Volkswagen ID Forum banner
201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
81 Posts
@jstwannaknow has it right, I believe. I'm at 30-2, but my wheel is still at "#4 - Leaving the factory". 30-2 says Customs hold, so I'm now in the waiting game. I feel like my wife is due any day now, but you just never know when exactly it will happen! LOL
I am paranoid the dealer will call me the first day I am out of town for a week. When does the 5 day window to buy it start? When it is off the truck and at the dealership? I don't want to buy it sight unseen. Maybe a different process, but a friend of mine is waiting for an Audi that came off Grand Aurora on Feb 10 in San Diego. Dealer let him know today that it cleared and was going to be at his dealer in a couple of days. So 10-12 days would be great. That would put delivery to the dealer around Feb 26-28.

·
19 Posts
We went to Findly North (on Azure) but were not impressed with their sales people. Also, the said they would sell us their demo with BIG decals on it for full MSRP + $800 that they paid for their advertising decals. So, we left and went to Auto Nation on Sahara. We were pretty happy with them. They had a white Pro S with the light interior (what we wanted) coming in as a stock vehicle. I was what we wanted. We put $500 down. They thought it would be delivered in early July. We are still waiting. Don't really blame the dealer (although they haven't kept in contact every week like they promised). We are hoping to get it soon - alerady have the 50 amp plug and ConnectPoint box ready to go.

Jim
I am not hearing good things about Findley North. UGH Its closer to my house but I am willing to go to the Autonation on Sahara if the customer service is better. I haven't actually been into the Findley location to speak to them directly. I had such a great experience at Stohlman VW in Virginia (very high volume dealer) with purchasing 2 beetles, I'm almost afraid to go to any other VW dealer. Have you received your ID.4 yet? if so how was your experience with Autonation?

·
447 Posts
I live in White Rock, right by the US border, taking delivery from a dealer in Burnaby. Prior to Covid I was in Seattle every couple of months. Took in the odd Seahawks game.
Perhaps we'll see each other at an occasional Kraken v. Canucks game. I love Vancouver, but it has been about 3 years now since we've been up.

Dave

·
166 Posts
Getting annoyed now.. F150 Lightning did not have enough production; then when the real builder site came out they bundles adaptive cruise control with a $9500 options package.

bought a Mustand Mach E as a second choice; found out it looses its state credit. Or lost it a week ago due to being a epa “hatchback” instead of SUV.

VW is third reservation which was the first plan; not sure how many delays it has now. With German production impacted all German production will goto Europe to sell to not miss the environment emissions target.

all US models are going to have to come out of Chat, TN. With the assumption that the USA is using different USA sub parts suppliers. I would imagine this is probably true; or Mexican parts sub contractor suppliers.

feb order just became December delivery

·
2 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals, I am a Dealership EV Rep with VW in St. Louis. I am trying to gauge along with you all how long
The dealers get to see more than we do. They are the ones with better dates, and letting people know what ship their ID.4s are on, which you can't get from the owners portal. My dealer says Dec.15 for mine and I believe that more than the portal which started at June when I ordered and said Aug.-Sep. until yesterday when it switched to Sep.-Oct. And Spin is right: its people are mad at the process not you, since there are those here who ordered on the 1st day (so they were 8 months before your res.) who still haven't gotten a VIN or any kind of notice yet.
Hey Guys and Gals, I am a Dealership EV Rep with VW in St. Louis. I am trying to gauge along with you all how long it takes, depending on trim, etc. Honesly, VW is very vague and unspecific with how they plan to move forward. They are a nimble company that has some sort of rhyme and reason, though it's very hard to decode. Especially since i do love LOVE the ID.4. I have an AWD Pros S non gradient ordered, no confirmation yet. I did however, order it about 5 months ago.

I am writing however, to say that really, we don't have any more glimpse into what is to come than you. And any info we gave you would be speculation, which to this point has made me wrong more often than not.

·
2 Posts
Here is the best order tracking for the AWD q that I have seen. From the 81 orders people have posted, there are only a few who got production yet and they are all reserved sep. to early oct.2020 so far:
Thanks for the list, I can also tell you guys and gals that when one person cancels, they replace it with a similar order.

·
166 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals, I am a Dealership EV Rep with VW in St. Louis. I am trying to gauge along with you all how long

Hey Guys and Gals, I am a Dealership EV Rep with VW in St. Louis. I am trying to gauge along with you all how long it takes, depending on trim, etc. Honesly, VW is very vague and unspecific with how they plan to move forward. They are a nimble company that has some sort of rhyme and reason, though it's very hard to decode. Especially since i do love LOVE the ID.4. I have an AWD Pros S non gradient ordered, no confirmation yet. I did however, order it about 5 months ago.

I am writing however, to say that really, we don't have any more glimpse into what is to come than you. And any info we gave you would be speculation, which to this point has made me wrong more often than not.
Please keep posting. I think that with the manufacturing impacts in Germany due to Ukraine we all at full stop with our orders.

·
166 Posts

Generally looking at SunWizards excel file almost all of the order locking post sept 2021 has also come to a stop. There are a few but maybe 10% being positive (it’s actually much less) orders are moving forward to even a locked stage.

·
102 Posts
From an advertising perspective, there may be some signs of Chattanooga gearing up for production. Yesterday we were doing something mindlessly busyish about the house, and the TV was idling away on the Food Network because neither of us was inspired to change it away from smashburgers we'd totally eat if they weren't in, say, Cleveland, and we saw three different ID.4 commercials playing three or four times per hour. These were the same commercials that apparently played in a few markets in, I think, Spring of 2021. Clever ads, and expensively done, and not likely to be running on a nationwide cable network unless (A) VWofA expects to have cars to sell in the next six months, or (B) VWofA truly is managed by uncommunicative departments working in radio-silence silos.

·
166 Posts
From an advertising perspective, there may be some signs of Chattanooga gearing up for production. Yesterday we were doing something mindlessly busyish about the house, and the TV was idling away on the Food Network because neither of us was inspired to change it away from smashburgers we'd totally eat if they weren't in, say, Cleveland, and we saw three different ID.4 commercials playing three or four times per hour. These were the same commercials that apparently played in a few markets in, I think, Spring of 2021. Clever ads, and expensively done, and not likely to be running on a nationwide cable network unless (A) VWofA expects to have cars to sell in the next six months, or (B) VWofA truly is managed by uncommunicative departments working in radio-silence silos.
Good outside data. Emden factory coming online was probably the genesis of this campaign. VW had probably already paid for the ad spots; before the Ukraine parts shortage and the retraction fee was so high they let them run anyway.
Or (C) neither of those are what is happening. ;-)
With Ukraines impact VW Europe will not risk missing the emissions target and having to pay the fine this year.
All VW ID4s except a very small few that might already be in progress to be delivered in the USA are going to be built in the usa. Executives in Europe are not going to give their bonuses to their USA counterparts

·
166 Posts
Not the information I have.
Please share then.

From a Supply distribution perspective VW is not going to risk $120M in fine in 2021. Under normal circumstances; without the supply interruptions they easily could have made the production to keep the fleet co2 production. Every thing else is speculation.

help us out. Tell us why the last 5+ months of orders have not entered a lock phase?

or how orders are going to be filled in the usa with the supply impacts and to be respectful to the higher ID4 demand in Europe.

201 - 220 of 236 Posts