Volkswagen ID Forum banner
221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
166 Posts
Thanks for that but its hard to believe; i agree we are in the bottom right now of psychology sentiment. We are at peak bottom in regards to how long it will take for delivery with the most amount of factors impacting; with the hight count of unknown unknown issues presently and duration until resolution.

Right now the RWD vechicle order delivery times are realistically 8 months to delivery? Had to make a realistic decision to change my order from AWD to RWD to have it delivered in under a year. The Chat plant will fix the majority of the back log. Although it will take time to resolve the queue. 25,000 models of production should be 1 month max 2 months for a major production line; especially one in such market demand and defining times. IMO not 6 months to a year.

When faced with massively complex problems use a 95% rule. When will 95% of the issue be resolved; when is the key requirement priority.

For example when will 95% of the RWD reservations in October be delivered. Using October as it is the first month the majority of orders are not be taken to completion; the process is hung on this data set. Is May 2022 a reasonable window? Your looking at 10 months.

When will 95% of new reservations not be held in an extended queue more than a month longer than normal build time. There is going to be a balance after June when Chat comes online to keep a smaller queue to keep confirmed orders for guaranteed sales and manufacturered/perceived advertising demand along with the balance of inventory dealers are going to want on their lots.

The other way to look at it is what is VW not saying. If they had a short term resolution their communications team would be telling the market place. Organizations do not induce risk by saying to much when there are issues or unknowns so they do get measured on them in a realistic or more important perceived way.

High level VW is doing much better than the rest of the industry in their investments in EVs. They are positioning themselves great for a 24 month+ window and beyond; as China and Europe get to 50% EV market penetration and adaption quickly.

Just disagree the USA or European Queue and dealer stock is going to be resolved in the short term.

Issue will not be resolves in anything less than a year. Its 95,000 units Europe + 25,000 units USA + 25,000 dealer inventory not a huge mark for 3 factories.

Its to bad as the issue for this year should not be ID4 production. Should be ID8 production. VW would sell 3X a larger model in the USA. As well going forward VWoA should be determining how to design and build a VW ID10 (a Cheap EV Atlas sized competitor). This is the marketplace to be in before the rest of the market competition has models jn this segment.

·
299 Posts
So got a official email from VW saying they have no clue when the lock will happen.
Dedicated thread:

·
12 Posts
Hi VW ID Community!

I'm a new joiner awaiting delivery of our ID4 AWD. This will be our first VW and first brand new car ordered via reservation so we've been absorbing all the information this community has to share. In all our reading, we haven't been able to find much information on how much time it takes to ship an ID4 from German to the US. From what we've found, it looks like a general range from 4-6 weeks. But once it gets to port, again, it looks like times vary to arrive at the dealership. Lastly it looks like it takes about 24-48 hours for dealer prep before we should be able to expect delivery. Was hoping the community could confirm our expectations below and correct where necessary?

Below is the status and the (general time in that status):

Reservation Confirmed (3 weeks Late May to Mid June was our experience)
Place Your Order (1 day, we placed the order and it immediately went to Locked)
Order Locked (2-3 months, mid-June to early-September)
Leaving the Factory (we just received notice, internet research suggests 4-6 weeks but depends on port)
Arriving in the US (1-2 weeks depending on how far dealer is relative to port)
Prepare for Purchase (suspect this is part of the same 1-2 weeks scoped in the "arriving in the US")
Arriving at Dealer (24-48 hours for dealer prep before you get it)

Thanks in advance!

not sure I’m the best to respond to this post.. I ordered my ID4 in May/ June of 2021 and signed for it July 7th 2021. Mine is now being bought back by corporate due to the issues it has. So I got it quickly (possibly cause I’m on the east coast?) but I definitely didn’t get the quality y’all did or hopefully will.

·
3 Posts
Hi,

First comment, my apologies if this is the wrong thread for this question. We have received notification that our 2022 ID4 AWD Pro (black interior!) is getting ready to leave the factory. We are long time EV owners, have researched the car, and are happy with what VW has built. We have the sticker pdf for the car and it shows "Total Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price", $46,585. My question is--what happens now with the dealer and the price? Do we have to negotiate a price with them? TIA,

Mike

·
102 Posts
Hi,

First comment, my apologies if this is the wrong thread for this question. We have received notification that our 2022 ID4 AWD Pro (black interior!) is getting ready to leave the factory. We are long time EV owners, have researched the car, and are happy with what VW has built. We have the sticker pdf for the car and it shows "Total Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price", $46,585. My question is--what happens now with the dealer and the price? Do we have to negotiate a price with them? TIA,

Mike
Depends on the dealer. Most of them have been sticking to MSRP for pre-ordered vehicles.

221 - 236 of 236 Posts