Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've had my ID.4 here in the Denver area since late April and loving it! But have yet to see any other ID.4s in the wild, although my dealer told me earlier on that they had quite a few reservations. Any other ID.4 owners on this forum in the Denver or wider CO area?

P.S. I have the FE with 20" wheels, and if anyone with the 19" wheels wants to upgrade/swap and is in my area, or somewhat farther but willing to meet up halfway or something, I would REALLY love to swap my 20" wheels for the 19" ones.

2018 Chevy Bolt (ID4 future owner?)
Hey fellow CO EV owners, the Concours De'Elegance at ACC on 9/12/21 will be featuring an EV corral. They will be putting us in the center of the show!
More than 10,000 spectators, car owners, sponsors and vendors turn out for a family-oriented day with live music, food, exhibits and special awards.
If interested, fill out a registration form and mark it EV COMP in the place where you would normally put the $50 entrance fee. Thats right, all the gear heads will pay $50 (or more in certain categories) and us EV owners will get in free and get center stage in the exhibit area!

And, best of all it is for a good cause.

Gotta act soon though.

Hope to see some of you there.

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just saw someone in a brand new ID.4 Pro parking near the Costco at Quincy and Wadsworth in Littleton! The temp tag was dated through October 13 in think, was that anyone here on the forum? It's the first time I've seen another ID.4 in the wild :D

Just saw someone in a brand new ID.4 Pro parking near the Costco at Quincy and Wadsworth in Littleton! The temp tag was dated through October 13 in think, was that anyone here on the forum? It's the first time I've seen another ID.4 in the wild :D
I saw my first a couple of days ago also. My temps are through late sept, but I shop at Arvada Costco.
Same here, I'm in Golden and hoping for more confident winter driving than my Prius.
Cool, maybe I鈥檒l see you around golden. Golden chargers are free I found out today, can charge while I work which is nice. Really enjoying this car so far, winter is what will make or break it.

Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah just remembered that I saw a McDonald VW badge on the back of it as well

Hi! The City of Centennial is hosting a 20th birthday party this Saturday at the Streets of SouthGlenn. They are looking for EV owners and their cars to put on display during the event. It is from 9:30 am until 4 pm. If you are interested, email me at [email protected].

Here are the event details:

Hi all! I've had my ID.4 here in the Denver area since late April and loving it! But have yet to see any other ID.4s in the wild, although my dealer told me earlier on that they had quite a few reservations. Any other ID.4 owners on this forum in the Denver or wider CO area?

P.S. I have the FE with 20" wheels, and if anyone with the 19" wheels wants to upgrade/swap and is in my area, or somewhat farther but willing to meet up halfway or something, I would REALLY love to swap my 20" wheels for the 19" ones.
from Pueblo. Haven't seen one in the wild down here either. Closest dealer is in the south part of Colorado Springs. I have a Pro S Gradient on order. Supposed to arrive "September/October".

Since it might be interesting to this group, I am getting great results in the mountains. Drove Denver to Molas Pass in the San Juan鈥檚 and back this past weekend and averaged 3.6mi/kWh over the 713 miles.

A lot of high speeds on I-70. Pretty impressed with the efficiency we are getting. Another fast charger going in to Ouray which will make San Juans trips even easier (we go to Ouray a few times each winter). Anyway just wanted to share in case anyone has doubts, charging infrastructure is not bad and getting better around the state.

2018 Chevy Bolt (ID4 future owner?)
My first trip to Ouray in my Bolt was in summer of 2018. There were 2 DCFC along I70, 20kW at the Mtn Chevy in Glenwood Springs, and 20kW at the Grand Junction library. The L2 at the Ouray Hot Springs was actually in service then. Now, I count at least 15 DCFC sites all over 50kW. With Ouray adding the 4 Chargepoint units, that will be a game changer.

If I recall, Gunnison is also on the list for DCFC by end of the year, also part of the corridors project with CP. It will be nice to get out to the Western Slope without having to contend with I70 traffic!

My first trip to Ouray in my Bolt was in summer of 2018. There were 2 DCFC along I70, 20kW at the Mtn Chevy in Glenwood Springs, and 20kW at the Grand Junction library. The L2 at the Ouray Hot Springs was actually in service then. Now, I count at least 15 DCFC sites all over 50kW. With Ouray adding the 4 Chargepoint units, that will be a game changer.

If I recall, Gunnison is also on the list for DCFC by end of the year, also part of the corridors project with CP. It will be nice to get out to the Western Slope without having to contend with I70 traffic!
Gunnison will be a big improvement. That route through is doable from montrose to salida but it could use another one between. Well way to do it earlier on, it is easy now. Besides a bit of time. Part of me was wishing we took the gas car when we were getting back after midnight but saving about $80 in fuel over the trip was nice.

ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD Dusk Blue Metallic
Order locked about two weeks ago for an AWD Pro S w/ Gradient. McDonald is my current delivery dealership. I am going in today to poke around a real model and was wondering if anyone got a price guarantee or anything else is writing before taking delivery? I see Emich mentioned all over this forum about their MSRP + handling fees pledge. Anyone have experience with McDonald?

Proud FE Owner with AWD Kings red ordered
Order locked about two weeks ago for an AWD Pro S w/ Gradient. McDonald is my current delivery dealership. I am going in today to poke around a real model and was wondering if anyone got a price guarantee or anything else is writing before taking delivery? I see Emich mentioned all over this forum about their MSRP + handling fees pledge. Anyone have experience with McDonald?
It pisses me off that McDonald runs adds with photos that they have AWD鈥檚 available, but when you call them they say 鈥渟orry that鈥檚 a pre-order, but they could cancel鈥. I already have a locked order - if my dealer did that crap I鈥檇 give them hell about it. We got our 1st Edition under sticker from Omeara on 104th but that was 6 months ago. Ive met quite a few owners around town鈥. I鈥檓 in Erie - pic from the King Soupers.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Premium Member
2021 VW ID.4 AWD
Hi I鈥檓 Phil in Thornton near the Outlet mall that will soon be an in-n-out burger queue.

I received my loaded AWD on 12/21/21.

Love the car and, but would like to see a couple tweaks come via OTA - namely auto-hold and some expanded Car-Net functionality like door lock status and toggle at minimum.

I鈥檓 also planning a few mods. I have most of the parts for the European Anti-Theft alarm en route because the honk this think emits to confirm it鈥檚 locked is obnoxious. Also want to do the 360 view, but that retrofit kit is ludicrously expensive, and I鈥檓 hesitant to do it until more is known about the parking assistant and side-view sensors that entails.

See you all around and maybe at a cars and coffee someday?

鈥擯hil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts