Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is BMW's first BEV SUV and it sure stands out a lot next to the ID.4 that looks more normal.

·
125 Posts
I much prefer the exterior, and the interior, of the ID.4. I have a BMW X5 at the moment, I wouldn't buy another BMW.

·
ID.4 1st Dusk Blue
86 Posts
I really dislike the iX front, and don't like the back much either. A fake grille looks so like Tesla in 2013, but not like a proper EV in 2020. The back looks like a toddler with his diaper full.
The cockpit is nice on the iX though.

The ID.4 to me is currently the epitome of how an overall EV design can come together into a coherent whole that's just pleasing all around.

·
7 Posts
Yeahhhh... I don't know what BMW is going for here with this car. Maybe: "I had a seizure while drafting the design"?
(My apologies in advance to anyone dealing with any type of seizure disorder, I know it's not really a laughing matter)

·
67 Posts
I'll take the ID4, but I agree that the BW interior looks pretty good, but we know, you are also paying the price.

·
56 Posts
The iX is an odd duck. Having had a BMW X5 40e, which is the same size as the iX, IMO it's too big for an urban vehicle. But, it's range is too short for an interstate vehicle. IMO, the optimum for that is a range of 400 miles, so that one only makes one charging stop in the middle of the day, not the 2-3 that a 250mi range will require (leaving a margin for possible charging station unavailability). I had a BMW i3 and it was too small for a useful urban vehicle that did more than just commute. I find the ID.4 to be a perfect urban vehicle--once a week charging, great turning radius and plenty of room for hauling odds and ends. The iX is an adaptation of the ICE CLAR platform so it will have compromises compared to a designed from the ground up EV like the ID.4. It will also be expensive. BMW has gone from being a technology leader in 2014 to being a technology follower in 2021.

·
5 Posts
BMW iX3 in China costs from RMB 470,000 to RMB 510,000 ($71,079-$77,128), almost twice the price for ID4
Insideevs report that only 1,600 vehicles will be exported to Europe by the end of 2020. Then it will be just 12,000 (1,000 a month) for 2021. For comparison, BMW sold ~ 81,000 X3 in EU in 2019.
IMHO ID4 look is so much better inside and out. Only if they made 0-60 under 7 secs- and there is absolutely no reason not to do so. I'm still not sure why they decided to throttle the 0-60 time!! While it is not necessary for most but it is something that captures everyone's attention.

·
40 Posts
It will be in complete different price range and compete more with the Tesla Model X and Audi e-Tron and be close to a six figure vehicle for most once optioned out. That is, it's supposed to start at 77,000 British Pounds according to CARWOW..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts