Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I missed it but I just watched the Doug DeMuro review and he stated that the first editions would not have a front illuminated logo. I know it’s not a huge deal but I thought it was a cool feature that I recall VW stating would be in the US version of the FE. Can someone clarify this?

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
Maybe I missed it but I just watched the Doug DeMuro review and he stated that the first editions would not have a front illuminated logo. I know it’s not a huge deal but I thought it was a cool feature that I recall VW stating would be in the US version of the FE. Can someone clarify this?
No illuminated logo on FE's. That's been known since October. Per VW eMobility, the requisite wiring was not available when the first units went to production.

Reactions: MBrandenburg

·
ID.4 FE
93 Posts
No. The FE gets the front strip illuminated but it was never getting the illuminated front logo.

·
59 Posts
I did read that the logo was going to be Illuminated "at some point on US versions of the ID.4". But in Europe lighting of the central badge is not permitted, hence not included in the current wiring harness. I suspect the harness will be amended to include the connection when the car is produced in the US.

·
691 Posts
As others have said, due to wiring limitations, the 1st editions in the US will not have illuminated front VW logo. PRO versions are reported to have the illuminated logo when they arrive in the US.

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
215 Posts
I did read that the logo was going to be Illuminated "at some point on US versions of the ID.4". But in Europe lighting of the central badge is not permitted, hence not included in the current wiring harness. I suspect the harness will be amended to include the connection when the car is produced in the US.
The Pro-S with Gradient I have on order comes with the lighted VW badge as per the specs I got from VW. As others pointed out, the EU models can’t have the lighted badge due to their laws so the build process was not updated for it in the FE’s. From what I hear from VW they are slating for delivery times on the Pro RWD to be May-June and they will have them. That being said, this is a VW. Every VW is modular as all get out. I am sure some enthusiast is going to find a way to wire one up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts