Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
400 Posts
Wish one of my dealers within 30 - 45 minute away would call me that there's an update available... Though my ID.4 Pro isn't on the first wave

297 Posts
Wish one of my dealers within 30 - 45 minute away would call me that there's an update available... Though my ID.4 Pro isn't on the first wave
Can you explain this more? My dealer was talking about this update as a recall and said our ID4 isn't on the recall list yet.

Should I just call local dealers until one agrees to do the update and new battery?

ga2500ev

· Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
2,623 Posts
Can you explain this more? My dealer was talking about this update as a recall and said our ID4 isn't on the recall list yet.

Should I just call local dealers until one agrees to do the update and new battery?

ga2500ev
It isn't up to the dealer- VW is releasing it gradually on a VIN by VIN basis.

2021 ID.4 First Edition / Dusk Blue
260 Posts
Hello,

As the title says, a VW dealership (Not where I bought the vehicle) Called me this morning and offered to install the new software update and fix the recalls. They will also drop off a loaner and pick up my vehicle.

Of course I said yes.
Gee, where do you live? I'm moving!

686 Posts
Hello,

As the title says, a VW dealership (Not where I bought the vehicle) Called me this morning and offered to install the new software update and fix the recalls. They will also drop off a loaner and pick up my vehicle.

Of course I said yes.
That is awesome. I doubt that will happen for me. My dealers are 60 and 90 miles away!

Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
5,845 Posts
This is great, dealerships angling for our service business! Recalls are $$$ from VW -- maybe meager $$$ ($$$?), but for something relatively rote like this software update that they're going to have to repeat a hundred times, may as well make sure the service bay is full and the tech running it stays busy. I'd try to have a few stations set up outside in a tent and let the tech bounce between cars all day, every day.

I didn't receive my notice yet, but when I do, I'll bet I get a call from Tracy VW 60 miles away where I bought the car because they've always called me for recalls and services, even though I've always used my local Oakland VW for service, dating back to 2008. If Tracy offers me an earlier appointment slot, maybe I'd consider making the drive.

· Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
2,623 Posts
To clarify,

1. Yes, a random VW dealership called me and offered to install the new software and replace the 12 V Battery.
  2. I didn't get an email notice that my car is eligible for the update. On the contrary, I got a generic email saying I had to wait.
Interesting. My alternate dealer is busy upgrading a different forum member's car. If that turns out OK, I might call them.

· Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
4,249 Posts
Did your MY VW app show that you needed a recall before the update was performed?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts