Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm in the market for an ID.4 and was wondering if the 3 years of 30-min charging sessions with EA transfers to used cars? I'm looking at a 2022 with only a couple thousand miles and was hoping it would qualify for the remainder of its initial 3 years.

Proud FE owner
Technically, no. But there have been some reports of people who have been able to signup a used vehicle on a free charging plan with EA. YMMV. I wouldn't bet on it.

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Document

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I've been an EV driver since 2016 and happily shed those trips to the gas station back then! I have an order I recently placed for a '23 Pro S Plus, just not sure I want to wait until...next spring? summer? fall? 2030? to get my next car.

Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw a KIA 6 near me at the dealer for $68,888. How much is the Porsche BEV? It might be a tough choice!
I am soooo ready for all this pandemic-related short supply nonsense giving dealers the perfect excuse to screw over customers even more than usual. Big props to Jim Farley calling out his Ford dealerships for their shenanigans. Now here鈥檚 hoping there are teeth behind that threat and he follows through.

No. The plan is for the ID.4. The terms and conditions you agreed to when signing up for EA charging say that it鈥檚 not transferable.
I thought so. The other day, I started charging my new car at EA station, ready to pay, but it automatically started for free. I was all excited that my plan still works until I realized it had no idea of knowing who I am unless I initiate it from the app. It was just one of those free charging days. I will try next time when it requires logging in, but I am sure it will just charge my card.

I made a Google account
Not likely easily to transfer. Your credit/debit card are linked to the VW offer when you set it with EA account. Unless you willing to make your bank account to person you sold as shared between you and him. Otherwise you will have more issues later than what is worth trying to go against VW policy.
I hope you understand what I'm saying here.
Be careful and good luck.

2021 RWD Glacier White Pro S
Not likely easily to transfer. Your credit/debit card are linked to the VW offer when you set it with EA account. Unless you willing to make your bank account to person you sold as shared between you and him. Otherwise you will have more issues later than what is worth trying to go against VW policy.
I hope you understand what I'm saying here.
Be careful and good luck.
Just change . It's not difficult.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts