Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the ID4 have Rear Cross Traffic Alerts? If not, do other VW's have this feature -- which might imply the ID4 might get it eventually?

Thanks

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping my own thread from five months ago... now that some people have received their cars I'm just wondering if the rear-cross-traffic-alerts work pretty well. I suppose it's a stupid question, but just want to confirm they work well. I love it in Hyundai's cars but never experienced it in a VW. Can someone who has tried this out in the ID4 confirm it works well?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
3,947 Posts
Yes it does. Backing out of my driveway recently it alerted me to a vehicle suddenly coming down the street. I actually saw it (ol' school looking over my shoulder) but nice to have the assurance none the less.
Bumping my own thread from five months ago... now that some people have received their cars I'm just wondering if the rear-cross-traffic-alerts work pretty well. I suppose it's a stupid question, but just want to confirm they work well. I love it in Hyundai's cars but never experienced it in a VW. Can someone who has tried this out in the ID4 confirm it works well?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 First Edition
1,338 Posts
Yes, it's saved us on day 2 in a parking lot, as an idiot was racing through while blissfully unaware of anyone else. My wife was driving and says she would have caught it too, but the ID4 was faster in slamming on the brakes. I found that incident very reassuring in a weird way.

·
2 Posts
It also stops when you don't want it to. Was backing up in parking lot and it slammed on the brakes. Thought i got something. Got out of the car and still had plenty of room from car behind and people on the side. They were confused on what was going on. Also happens as my wife was slowly backing up next to garbage can.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
3,947 Posts
That's the obvious problem with these advanced safety systems. When we really need them we're grateful to have them, but many other times they're a nuisance.

I have the same love/hate with Lane Assist. 🤷‍♂️

It also stops when you don't want it to. Was backing up in parking lot and it slammed on the brakes. Thought i got something. Got out of the car and still had plenty of room from car behind and people on the side. They were confused on what was going on. Also happens as my wife was slowly backing up next to garbage can.

·
14 Posts

Thanks
Twice in the last month, backing out of my garage, my movement and my view masked by a car parked in front of the garage next to me, the automatic system was activated, possibly preventing a collision.

It works

It works

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.