Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son got the VIN number via Chrome. It starts out WVGKMPEXXXXXXXXXX. Is this the same as yours? I went on the the website to print the Monroney sticker but it couldn't locate. The car was off the line 3/18. I think it is on the ship that is scheduled to dock in Houston 4/15.

Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
My son got the VIN number via Chrome. It starts out WVGKMPEXXXXXXXXXX. Is this the same as yours? I went on the the website to print the Molroney sticker but it couldn't locate. The car was off the line 3/18. I think it is on the ship that is scheduled to dock in Houston 4/15.
I think the 4th character "K" might be off. I think it should be a "D" for an ID.4. The ones I have seen start off WVGDMPE2XMPXXXXX. The "D" is the ID.4 code. Here is the page from the VW VIN guide: Although there might be a different code for a Pro or Pro S. Also I don't think you will get a Monroney until the car is at the port and it ahs been printed.

Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
Definitely a "K" in fourth position.
Is it a FE or Pro? that might be the difference. I have not seen any updated VW VIN guide, but that doesn't mean anything. The D looks to be FEs only then?

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
Pulling mine from Chrome gives me 鈥淲VGTMPEXXXXXXXXXX鈥, and I have a Pro S.

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
If the D changes to K or T, will the serialized digits continue in sequence regardless? Or will they begin from 00001 for each sub type?
I don't think that it resets back to 1 because my number is in the 28,000 range, and most likely they have not produced that many Pro S models after the FE models. I could be wrong, though, but it doesn't seem likely with just one factory right now.

VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
For vehicles sold in Europe 4th/5th/6th/9th digit is Z

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
How in the world do you pull the VIN from Chrome?
This is the post I used.

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
Then, once you have the file search for WVG or vin, and you should find it. One tip, there are a lot of serialized code in the file, so I adjusted my search to "WVG (including the starting double quote) to narrow it down to just what I was looking for, otherwise it was finding a lot of serialized data that also contained the wvg letter combination. (The same will need to be done if searching for vin [use "vin].)

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
I think the 4th character "K" might be off. I think it should be a "D" for an ID.4. The ones I have seen start off WVGDMPE2XMPXXXXX. The "D" is the ID.4 code. Here is the page from the VW VIN guide: Although there might be a different code for a Pro or Pro S. Also I don't think you will get a Monroney until the car is at the port and it ahs been printed.

View attachment 2487
Where did you find this from? I am curious to see if there is a version for the K and T variants in the VINs, just to know what the difference in designation might be. (Maybe with and without Gradient? Mine is without Gradient and is a T, not sure if that matches up with anyone else.)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts