Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wondering if you guys are looking into how to put your pets in the ID4. I was really stoked when I saw how Bjorn Nyland showed in this video how a good sized dog crate can fit in the trunk. In the video he used this one and it fits like a glove. Unfortunately, I can't find that crate ANYWHERE in the USA in stock. I might have to import it from Sweden!

So my question to you is... whats your plan? Hammock in the back seat (wife has this in her Tucson)? Cargo cover in the back (i have one in my egolf)? I like how the crate can be taken in and out-- best flexibility!

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,547 Posts
I've been waiting 4 months to get a Nobex hand miter saw from Sweden so I hope you can find it elsewhere.

Nothing against the Swedes as I also waited six months to get a freezer made in USA!! Such is the continuing delayed international parts market vis a vis pandemic.

I'm counting on WeatherTech to provide whatever mats & covers we may need. ;)

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
215 Posts
The last I checked, there was about a $5 difference between Weathertech (cheaper if you get a more generic design)and VW Monster rubber mats. Don't the FE (maybe the Pro S too?) come with the carpeted mats?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
There were some mats on the list of extras, but I don't know what the car comes with.

·
40 Posts
I bought TUXMAT for my Bolt and GLI. Better quality than Weathertech in my opinion.

·
196 Posts
I just posted this comment in the accessories thread and then saw this one: we currently use a divider between the trunk and passenger space but something like that is still not announced for the ID.4. This worries me a bit since that is our way to safely transport our dog. So this is rather essential for us.

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just posted this comment in the accessories thread and then saw this one: we currently use a divider between the trunk and passenger space but something like that is still not announced for the ID.4. This worries me a bit since that is our way to safely transport our dog. So this is rather essential for us.
yeah safety is the reason I really want that crate. It’s crash tested!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts