Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the ID4 has about 4 configurations and the quantity of each is already known, why would VW wait for a $400 deposit to begin manufacturing?

As the least, they would begin manufacturing a portion of each of the 4 or 5 configuration..

Or is there delays with materials or processes?

Hum..did I buy into some crazy overhyped product?

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
229 Posts
I think it is highly likely 1st Editions are already built (messages I've received from eMobility have made this reasonably clear). Probably a good number of the RWD reservations as well. The finished vehicles could be parked, just as ID.3's. Could be that they are on a vessel now (there is one ship that is sailing an usual itinerary, due in Baltimore on 11/10). Time will tell.

There are likely some software issues that are delaying the order process. That software could be updated at the factory or stateside.

·
Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
106 Posts
My 2016 Audi TTS Mk3 (first model year in NA) was delayed both in Emden and in US Customs for technical updates/approvals (Audi never expressed but likely firmware). As Erick cites many demo's/1st Editions could now be aboard ship having already endured or expected similar delays.

·
21 Posts
As the ID4 has about 4 configurations and the quantity of each is already known, why would VW wait for a $400 deposit to begin manufacturing?

As the least, they would begin manufacturing a portion of each of the 4 or 5 configuration..

Or is there delays with materials or
Hum..did I buy into some crazy overhyped product?
Hopefully COVID will not delay delivery. Very tight timeline for any deliveries this year. Even though my guess is the majority of FEs have been built. Most likely they are doing final software updates, QC checks, preparing sealer invoices and delivery locations. Once $400 lock ins are done they will have final inventory, adjust cancellations and when complete notify dealers of VINs and orders to start purchasing and financing prior to customer delivery.
If $400 lock in does not happen by end of week, most likely FEs will not make it here until January.

·
Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
106 Posts
I've been waiting since May for a small upright garage freezer, but in VAG I trust [more]. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts