Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

above tailgate, below right rear window, in slightly hazy sunlight

IMO, CP60 is best match slightly metallic. CP80 doesn't have metallic, but is solid blue
Info on the card sample. You can request 1 free card.
I had these on my dark blue 2013 Jetta they lasted 8 years when I traded the Jetta in.
I don't know if VW offers these through the dealership.
I'm ordering them today. From existing experience over order length.

Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
View attachment 2428

View attachment 2429

IMO, CP60 is best match slightly metallic. CP80 doesn't have metallic, but is solid blue
I had these on my dark blue 2013 Jetta they lasted 8 years when I traded the Jetta in.
They come with adhesive in the channel pretty much one and done. Make sure that your door edges are clean. Apply them in warm weather 65-75 degrees. I used a rubber hub-cap hammer to spread out the adhesive.
In very hot sunlight they can come a little loose but you can easily push/pound them back on with the heel of your hand. One very cold winter day, the bottom of one of the guards came loose. A dab of super glue quickly attached it back on.
BTW, my Jetta was darker than the FE and I didn't think I would like the FE color. Now almost 3 weeks without seeing the darker Jetta I'm really liking the lighter FE color馃榿.

2021 First Edition
There's a gazillion different molding shapes on the brandsport.com page. Which works with the ID.4?

Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There's a gazillion different molding shapes on the brandsport.com page. Which works with the ID.4?
I used U channel for my Jetta. I had no interference with door edge and door frame/body edge. Kinda wish I still had the Jetta to measure. To me the critical dimension is width of the actual U channel. The samples on the color card are L shape.
I don't remember out or in width or depth. Does 1/32" make a difference, 5/16 vs 11/32 or 1/8 vs 3/32??? My guess is that I used 5/16 deep 1/4 outside width and 1/8 inside width. I haven't ordered yet.
Anyone have a caliper gage to measure ID4 door width for inside width?

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used U channel for my Jetta. I had no interference with door edge and door frame/body edge. Kinda wish I still had the Jetta to measure. To me the critical dimension is width of the actual U channel. The samples on the color card are L shape.
I don't remember out or in width or depth. Does 1/32" make a difference, 5/16 vs 11/32 or 1/8 vs 3/32??? My guess is that I used 5/16 deep 1/4 outside width and 1/8 inside width. I haven't ordered yet.
Anyone have a caliper gage to measure ID4 door width for inside width?
By my eye and tape measure, the door width passenger side front and rear was 1/8".
I looked at brandsport.com for about 3/4 hrs and couldn't find any U channel in color in CP60. Guess I'll have to call.

2021 ID.4 First Edition / Dusk Blue
View attachment 2428

View attachment 2429

Hi BlueDH, just wondering if you've tested your molding, and what you think of it for the door trim? Which color and shape did you order? Did you do front and rear doors? Thanks!

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi BlueDH, just wondering if you've tested your molding, and what you think of it for the door trim? Which color and shape did you order? Did you do front and rear doors? Thanks!
I looked online and it appears that they don't make U shape in color CP60. I haven't called or done anymore checking.
I was really happy with my Jetta edge guard back in 2013.
It seems all my enthusiasm was a big bust 馃憥.

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked online and it appears that they don't make U shape in color CP60. I haven't called or done anymore checking.
I was really happy with my Jetta edge guard back in 2013.
It seems all my enthusiasm was a big bust 馃憥.
Last Friday, 4/16, I called them but they haven't responded to my call. I also emailed them and again no response. I guess either they're not interested or no longer have the product.
At least they could favor me with a response 馃憥馃槚馃憥.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts