Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the IQ.DRIVE similar to tesla autopilot? Does it have auto-lane change, auto park, and can it be made more autonomous with the ota updates? Hard to find info about this

·
254 Posts
Is the IQ.DRIVE similar to tesla autopilot? Does it have auto-lane change, auto park, and can it be made more autonomous with the ota updates? Hard to find info about this

This is how it is explained on vw.com. I do not believe it will be autopilot like Tesla. More like a safety feature with warnings. Unless, of course, they update the software later on. I haven't heard anything about that either though.

Reactions: RobertS

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there may be more features in the future because I found this article with the manual of the ID.3 and it says it will have auto-lane change and self-parking.

·
23 Posts
View attachment 610

This is how it is explained on vw.com. I do not believe it will be autopilot like Tesla. More like a safety feature with warnings. Unless, of course, they update the software later on. I haven't heard anything about that either though.
Any news about the OTA? VW absolutely need this feature to be compétitive.
Nobody want to go at the dealer for update!

·
327 Posts
Any news about the OTA? VW absolutely need this feature to be compétitive.
Nobody want to go at the dealer for update!
OTA updates are coming to all of VW's ID vehicles.

·
23 Posts
OK good, do you think that Continental is ready now?
It appear that they will have an application.
"Its server is now going into production at VW as an in-car application server (ICAS1)"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts