Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading that VW is planning on introducing driver free remote parking on the ... 2022 ID.4. I'm sure it isn't a dealbreaker feature for me, but it would be very disappointing for there to be what seems to be a mostly software feature introduced on only the 2022 cars. Maybe we will get lucky and it will be part of the first OTA update :)

·
24 Posts
I was reading that VW is planning on introducing driver free remote parking on the ... 2022 ID.4. I'm sure it isn't a dealbreaker feature for me, but it would be very disappointing for there to be what seems to be a mostly software feature introduced on only the 2022 cars. Maybe we will get lucky and it will be part of the first OTA update :)

Reading that article, I wonder if the 2021 ID.4 has the required cameras and ultrasounds sensors needed to do the autonomous parking.

·
38 Posts
Reading that article, I wonder if the 2021 ID.4 has the required cameras and ultrasounds sensors needed to do the autonomous parking.
When I asked emobiliy about auto-lane and self-parking they told me this:

The ID.4 will be available in model year 2021 with a standard drivers assistance package, including adaptive cruise control, lane assist, and other safety and convenience-related features.

However, the ID.4 will not offer auto-lane change or self-parking for 2021. We are continuing to develop software that enables advance drivers assistance and autonomy. Auto lane change and self-parking will be available at a later point in the lifecycle
I don’t know if later on in the lifecycle means another model year or later on thru software updates. Hopefully the latter. I asked for specification but never got a reply

·
ID.4 1st Dusk Blue
86 Posts
That's the big question I have too, actually 3 questions:
  1. Will subsequent features like this one require additional hardware, which is standard on new model years?
  2. Will new hardware be available on older models as dealer installable upgrades?
  3. If no new hardware is required, will VW make the software updates available to all models (free or paid), or will they be tempted to play the shitty game of "updates on current model year only"?
I hope market pressure will keep them away from the latter temptation, and do the right thing.

·
38 Posts
That's the big question I have too, actually 3 questions:
  1. Will subsequent features like this one require additional hardware, which is standard on new model years?
  2. Will new hardware be available on older models as dealer installable upgrades?
  3. If no new hardware is required, will VW make the software updates available to all models (free or paid), or will they be tempted to play the shitty game of "updates on current model year only"?
I hope market pressure will keep them away from the latter temptation, and do the right thing.
I wish they would be more transparent with us in terms of software. I wouldn’t say it’s a dealbreaker for me but it’s uncomfortable not knowing what the car will include

1 - 6 of 6 Posts