Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Drove a friend's Tesla and now I have questions....

9K views 61 replies 29 participants last post by  EyeDeeFore 
The short answer is no to all if you are using the native tools.
However, since CarPlay and Android Auto are so well implemented you can use A Better Route Planner, or even the EA apps to plan and track your route. Short of preheating the battery, it will cover all items you mentioned. I believe nobody has found that you need to let the car know that you will DC fast charge to get the 125 kW charge rate at low enough state of charge, so that point is sort of moot.

In our ID4 I never use the native maps and routing, nor many of its other native features other than car status, and rely on CarPlay almost exclusively.

I rely on Apple CarPlay so much I was disappointed Tesla did not integrate it to the system. But as I learned how well it works with ID4 it was definitely a selling point.
One could say the lack of CarPlay and Android Auto support by Tesla is a detriment. My gut says that in the long run the mobile OS companies will keep the upper hand in car infotainment, because 1) we use our phones so much and know them extremely well and 2) Apple and Google are really good at what they do. It’s hard even for Tesla to match that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.