Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered User
2023 VW ID.4 Pro S AWD - Aurora Red
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this common in Colorado? After completing charging in Edwards CO it immediately says 1 minute grace. Most EA facilities give 10 minutes. No one came to use the other chargers the entire time I was here, so it's not an issue of high demand.
Output device Computer Font Computer monitor accessory Gadget
 

· Registered User
Joined
·
4,179 Posts
Is this common in Colorado? After completing charging in Edwards CO it immediately says 1 minute grace. Most EA facilities give 10 minutes. No one came to use the other chargers the entire time I was here, so it's not an issue of high demand. View attachment 18274
Why do you need in Colorado 100 SOC so you don't get any regen from state that is full of hills.
 

· Registered User
2023 VW ID.4 Pro S AWD - Aurora Red
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is full of hills. However, going up those passes initially with the heat/wipers/defrost running and 24f weather, seems to rapidly decrease the % and available range. I'd rather be safe than wind up like a Tesla on saw going up the pass on the snow covered shoulder. Don't know if they ran out of charge or another issue. Just saying...

Ya maybe I would've been fine at 80 or 90.
 

· Registered User
2023 VW ID.4 Pro S AWD - Aurora Red
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't stop lol. Roadside was there with them. Just as a side point, I didn't stop at Edwards CO just for a 10% charge. Started at 16% after driving from Grand Junction. Got to 90% with my first 30 minutes, then did the other 10%.

Another thing I noticed in mountainous driving. You may use 8-10% getting to the peak but only regain 4-5% on the way back down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PANZERidIV and Mrau

· Registered User
Joined
·
2,464 Posts
Rule of thumb is regen is 50% efficient so you regain half the power you expended climbing - so that seems spot on! And you can watch the TFL videos for EV testing up and down the Colorado Rockies to get a sense of how this works… also that you don’t need to worry as the Guess-O-Meter drops like a stone on the way up because it’s assuming you would be climbing the whole way…
 

· Registered User
Joined
·
2,085 Posts
Rule of thumb is regen is 50% efficient so you regain half the power you expended climbing - so that seems spot on!
Damn those pesky laws of thermodynamics that keep our ID.4s from being perpetual motion machines...
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top