Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background:
I own a 2020 Chevy Bolt EV and a 2021 VW ID.4 FE. I have the ID.4 free charging option set as my default plan on my EA account. It is an account wide option and not just an app option. Today my wife was driving the bolt and had to do a charge at EA and it charged the car up for free.

I had not previously tried to do this before as I have no need to DCFC charge the Bolt at this point, but I don’t think it should work this way, nor do I think we should have to scramble around with the app to set the profile so they can collect payment properly. I guess this will be worked out when plug and charge is active maybe. Just thought this is interesting and I hope we don’t loose our free ID.4 charging because my wife unknowingly charged against it in a Bolt.

Anyone else have experience with this?

·
59 Posts
My wife charged leaf for first time outside hoke at EA charger using the ID4 account and it charged $ i think leaf uses different connector so it knows its not ID4. Regardless we dont intend to fast charge leaf or ID4 at EA

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked with EA. They advised that since I have two EV’s I should be initiating all of my charges via “swipe to start” but first selecting the plan for the particular car I am charging. For me I think I am going to keep the ID.4 plan as default and continue to use NFC tap to start for that vehicle, and in the rare occasions I need to charge the Bolt I will go into the app at the station, select the normal plan and swipe to start.

They did tell me I was not going to lose my account privileges due to this which is good because this is a usability issue on their side.

Maybe Plug and Charge will tie to the right plan and we can set a default plan separately for the Tap to Charge and everything will work out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts