Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
White Pro S
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one get the EA code? My dealer knew nothing about it and said it would be sent to me. A day on and nothing, so I'm thinking they were mistaken. Not shocking since it's their first sale, but I sure would like that code.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
2,126 Posts
I did not know it was on the window sticker. My dealer gave me the number and set me up when I bought the car.
My dealer texted me a photo of that part of my decal. I think it's kind of weird to have it out in the open like that, but I suppose the charging handle has to be plugged in to the car with the correct VIN to authenticate, so I suppose it's not the same as a secret PIN.

·
70 Posts
Mine is on the Monroney just under the bar code and listed as “COMM. NUMBER:”

Reactions: billeldon

·
Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
483 Posts
Mine is on the Monroney just under the bar code and listed as “COMM. NUMBER:”
Interesting, I was told by customer care and my dealer that that was the "Commission Number" and that it was like the serial number for the factory and unique for each car.

·
ID4 Pro S, Dusk Blue Metallic
5 Posts
I found the code in the VW customer portal. It contained all the directions for setting up the EA account. When I tried to set it up yesterday, I got an error saying that my VIN could not be verified. But it worked fine this evening. I don't know if I fat-fingered something or if it can take up to 48 hours to get into the system.

·
2021 ID.4 ProS Mythos Blk/Lunar Gray
14 Posts
This is not new information or that different from what everyone else has already said, but I thought someone might find this info helpful if they're still in the buying process, especially when the AWDs start heading out.

When our VIN showed up in our portal that our car had shipped, I went to WithClutch.com and got the window sticker. I had that on April 30 and we didn't pick the car up until May 21st. We forgot to ask about the EA code and since there aren't any EA chargers near us (Orlando, FL area, believe it or not, only 2-3 in all of Central Florida), we asked for the code a few days later when we went back to get floor mats. The EA code is on the sticker, just below the VIN, listed as COMM. NUMBER, as stated above.

I'm posting this because if you don't get that number from your dealer, lose it, or just want to know where it comes from, you could theoretically set it all up long before you get the car or if the EA app kills your info due to a bug. I was shocked that the code was included on the window sticker that I pulled up off the internet weeks below I'd even purchased the car. And no, it's not a secret code, because someone would have to have your VIN to pull up the window sticker, which is unlikely, AND your car to even get it to work-- supposedly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts