Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this picture on July 28. The site looks mostly completed but a month and a half later the app still says "coming soon". When I call EA and ask about a time frame for this charger to come online, the answer I get is "coming soon".
Sky Cloud Plant Tire Tree

·
ID.4 FE
93 Posts
Can someone explain why these EA stations often have very odd spacing between the stations? It seems there’s always one station that’s some weird distance from the others and they never line up properly with the painted spaces.

·
796 Posts
Can someone explain why these EA stations often have very odd spacing between the stations? It seems there’s always one station that’s some weird distance from the others and they never line up properly with the painted spaces.
I don't think there's a rhyme or reason.
Maybe space available or space owner is willing to provide 🤔. Sometimes I see end pedestals and sometimes side. The three I use most commonly are 1 side and 1 end and 1 both. If there is nobody else there I ignore the painted lines and park so it's convenient for me, not very courteous. I also have a favorite pedestal that I predominantly use. I avoid Chadmo pedestals.

·
505 Posts
Sometimes the weird spacing is to provide an accessible space. In EV charging an accessible space (white lines, OK to use) is not the same as a handicapped (blue lines, decal/plate only) space. There's a thread somewhere about it.

I have noticed that sometimes EA locations don't quite get painted according to plan, or artifact markings from the parking lot are still there.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,131 Posts
Sometimes the weird spacing is to provide an accessible space. In EV charging an accessible space (white lines, OK to use) is not the same as a handicapped (blue lines, decal/plate only) space. There's a thread somewhere about it.

I have noticed that sometimes EA locations don't quite get painted according to plan, or artifact markings from the parking lot are still there.
That's one thing that Tesla has - a standardized location of the charge port. In the CCS world, it is all over the place.

·
505 Posts
That's one thing that Tesla has - a standardized location of the charge port. In the CCS world, it is all over the place.
For the foreseeable future, charging will take longer than adding fuel and be an activity where you likely return to the cabin of the car during the wait. It makes more sense to me to have the charging port on the driver's side, behind an open driver's door. Like Tesla.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts