Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Is anyone else having trouble signing up for the free plan? I have my code and that works, but when I try to add my billing information I keep getting an error and cannot proceed. I will need to call EA after I'm done with work.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts
I'm still awaiting an iPhone 12 w/latest iOS revision to the EA App prior to installing again, as I got nowhere last week. The App was supposed to be ready by the end of last week but I haven't seen it yet.

I have the code but again don't even want to try at present.

At least I got Sirius XM 3-month trial working today.

·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still awaiting an iPhone 12 w/latest iOS revision to the EA App prior to installing again, as I got nowhere last week. The App was supposed to be ready by the end of last week but I haven't seen it yet.

I have the code but again don't even want to try at present.

At least I got Sirius XM 3-month trial working today.
Thanks! I am on hold with EA right now. They will probably tell me the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts

·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I thought I had seen that somewhere!

They took my information, said they would escalate the issue and get back to me.

Reactions: Huey52

·
33 Posts
Doesn’t accept my VIN when I try to add a car and the functions don’t work to manually add info 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
289 Posts
Kinda first world complaint but I was able to successfully charge but the app doesn't show any charging history for me. The only record are the pix I took with my phone. They never even snatched the $10 that was expected on my first charge (to be held in escrow in case I loitered too long).

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts
Alas the updated EA App 5.10.2 still doesn't work for me.

In frustration I went ahead and created my account AOK on the iPad tho' and then called EA again. They verified my account was now active. And my case number has again been escalated within IT.

If I really wanted to use a DC charger they said I could call them when at same and they could 'manually' activate for me.

Here's hoping this new update works for others and it's just me and an iPhone 12 Mini thing. 🤷‍♂️

CarNet has been working fine for me. I hope their new update doesn't break it for me. :ROFLMAO:

New version released. 5.10.2 Give it a go! New version of CarNet as well.

·
ID.4 FE
93 Posts
Alas the updated EA App 5.10.2 still doesn't work for me.

In frustration I went ahead and created my account AOK on the iPad tho' and then called EA again. They verified my account was now active. And my case number has again been escalated within IT.

If I really wanted to use a DC charger they said I could call them when at same and they could 'manually' activate for me.

Here's hoping this new update works for others and it's just me and an iPhone 12 Mini thing.

CarNet has been working fine for me. I hope their new update doesn't break it for me. :ROFLMAO:
Bummer!

·
77 Posts
Did my first charge at a 150kw EA charger today. Charged from 48% to 86%. It did not work when I first plugged it in. The EA app was throwing an error when I swiped to charge. I called customer service and they rebooted the station and that fixed it. 🤷‍♂️

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
Did my first charge at a 150kw EA charger today. Charged from 48% to 86%. It did not work when I first plugged it in. The EA app was throwing an error when I swiped to charge. I called customer service and they rebooted the station and that fixed it. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 2191
View attachment 2193
61 kW is a far cry from 125 kW - if I remember my math correctly, that's less than half (although does look like it kept it pretty close to the 61 kW the entire charge).

·
1st Edition
203 Posts
61 kW is a far cry from 125 kW - if I remember my math correctly, that's less than half (although does look like it kept it pretty close to the 61 kW the entire charge).
The fast part of the charging curve is from 0% to around 50%, and then it tapers off. This is common on EVs to help preserve the battery.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
The fast part of the charging curve is from 0% to around 50%, and then it tapers off. This is common on EVs to help preserve the battery.
Yes, I am aware but would still expect the initial charging speed to be closer to 125 kW as it started just before 50% (although I guess the battery may not have been pre-conditioned).

Reactions: Huey52

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts
I guess I now don't feel so bad about the EA App not working on my iPhone as it appears I would need to call them from a DC charger anyway. 🤪

·
Proud FE owner
994 Posts
Why does it hikack the audio system when it opens? 🤔

·
215 Posts
Does anybody know if the code they give for ID4 can be installed on two phones. Me and my wife would use this car equally and want both us to have the ability to charge.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
Does anybody know if the code they give for ID4 can be installed on two phones. Me and my wife would use this car equally and want both us to have the ability to charge.
If I were a betting man, the code and VIN are applied to your account, which could be applied to any number of devices.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts