Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

1st Edition - Arriving in US
Discussion Starter #1
I passed by my local EA station today and the stalls were essentially inaccessible due to snow (we had about a foot of snow over the weekend). This station is of the grocery store parking lot variety, which all in my area seem to be.

Do these stations typically get cleared or does EA just wait for them to thaw out?

I passed by my local EA station today and the stalls were essentially inaccessible due to snow (we had about a foot of snow over the weekend). This station is of the grocery store parking lot variety, which all in my area seem to be.

Do these stations typically get cleared or does EA just wait for them to thaw out?
I think there is increasing awareness of charge stations, even among snow plow drivers. Probably EA locations will improve snow clearing when there are more VWs and with feedback when blocked or broken. With more BEVs on the road, these stations are quickly becoming critical infrastructure.

I think there is increasing awareness of charge stations, even among snow plow drivers. Probably EA locations will improve snow clearing when there are more VWs and with feedback when blocked or broken. With more BEVs on the road, these stations are quickly becoming critical infrastructure.
It does beg the question who, if anyone, even looks over the charge stations unless something is reported through the app. You would think snow removal and even overall site maintenance would be part of the contract with whoever owns the larger property where the specific chargers are placed (i.e. Walmart, Target, Bank of America, etc).

It does beg the question who, if anyone, even looks over the charge stations unless something is reported through the app. You would think snow removal and even overall site maintenance would be part of the contract with whoever owns the larger property where the specific chargers are placed (i.e. Walmart, Target, Bank of America, etc).
That will get fixed quickly. Plow drivers tend to do the minimum until corrected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts