Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Electrify America -- ID.4 Plan Disappears from App

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Nai3t 
#1 ·
Charged at EA today. This was my second time. First time was over a month ago and went well, zero cost under the ID.4 Plan.

Today, after I had finished charging, I was surprised to see that I had been charged. I called EA and (after 23 minutes on hold) I found out that, although EA's records showed that I had the ID.4 free charging plan, that Plan had disappeared from the app on my iPhone. I'm sure this did not result from anything I did because I never open that app.

Whatever the cause, with the ID.4 Plan missing from my app, the only remaining option was the normal EA plan (which I was required to open just to use the app); that is the reason EA charged for the charging.

EA was unable to re-enroll me in the ID.4 Plan and they told me to call VW Customer Care. By that time, VW was closed for the day. I'll post the outcome when there is one.

#2 ·
That's not good. Have you tried signing out of the app and back in? or even stopping the app (not sure if you have iOS or android) and restarting? Also, maybe try adding the plan to your wallet or google pay once you get it to show up again, so you have that option next time.

#4 ·
I have an iPhone SE. Yes, I completely closed and reopened the app; no change. The EA card is in my Apple Wallet and I used the card to start the charging session. Previously, the ID.4 free plan was the default EA option. When the ID.4 plan disappeared from the app (whenever and however that happened), the EA pay-as-you go plan became the default, but none of this showed up on the charger and I did not open the app when charging; I only opened the wallet. That's why the charge (seen when I ended the session) came as a surprise.

#6 ·
Follow-up: Problem solved, after jumping through many hoops. VW Customer Care said that EA had to fix this and they transferred me to another EA rep, who was more knowledgeable than the first one. Although the source of the problem is unknown (i.e., how was the ID.4 plan removed from the app?), the solution is to sign up again for the ID.4 plan (it is a "premium offer" in the app). The enrollment code is on the car's window sticker (aka Monroney) and is called the "comm. number," found just below the VIN. Using that code (and only after booting my phone) I was able to re-enroll in the ID.4 charging plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.