Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
153 Posts
We are able to click the location on the map in the EA app, pick a charger, slide to start charging, then plug in. Works every time.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
335 Posts
We are able to click the location on the map in the EA app, pick a charger, slide to start charging, then plug in. Works every time.
At my first and (so far) only EA DCFC session, I plugged in first, then opened the app, and slid to start charging. I can't recall if I had to manually select the charger I was at or not before the slide to charge screen popped up.

·
43 Posts
In the one instance that I had difficulty charging at EA (my wife plugged in the charger, we swiped to start and it said I needed to unplug but the charger was subsequently stuck in red light mode), the EA rep told me the easiest way to ensure it working is to plug in first, then find your charger, select it, and swipe to charge. In order to be safe, I've been holding the charger so that all the connectors are in and the pin slides appropriately to lock the charger in full connection before I swipe to charge. Haven't had an issue in the two charges since then.

Reactions: Huey52

·
1st Edition
136 Posts
I’ve got the EA card in my Apple Wallet, looking forward to testing activating the session with my Apple Watch.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
949 Posts
EA card? All I got was the dealer’s code number which I entered myself on my iPad to set up my account (iPhone 12 App-installation anomaly a month ago).
EA App 5.14.3 as of today btw.
I’ve got the EA card in my Apple Wallet, looking forward to testing activating the session with my Apple Watch.

·
Super Moderator
153 Posts
Yea, I would leave the watch out of it. They might charge you. The EA app is very easy.

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
454 Posts
EA card? All I got was the dealer’s code number which I entered myself on my iPad to set up my account (iPhone 12 App-installation anomaly a month ago).
EA App 5.14.3 as of today btw.
Virtual card in the Apple Wallet app.

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
454 Posts
Thanks, I’ve just got Apple Card and Apple Cash in the virtual wallet thus far, so will have to figure this out. ;)
The setting is in the EA app at the bottom of your payment settings under Account > Payment.

Reactions: Spin and Huey52

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
949 Posts
btw: I noticed upon installing the EA virtual card in my iOS wallet (thanks again ChristophW) that it cited to plug in first and then the remainder of the iPhone-RFD tap, etc. process.

However as Spin cites the opposite has worked every time for him, so whatever works. ;) Although not yet attempted myself I like in principle his "We are able to click the location on the map in the EA app, pick a charger, slide to start charging, then plug in. Works every time." Just seems the more logical approach, especially if initially using the EA App mapping via CarPlay. (y)

But then SFiercex4's call to EA cited plug in first as well, so .... 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
153 Posts
btw: I noticed upon installing the EA virtual card in my iOS wallet (thanks again ChristophW) that it cited to plug in first and then the remainder of the iPhone-RFD tap, etc. process.

However as Spin cites the opposite has worked every time for him, so whatever works. ;) Although not yet attempted myself I like in principle his "We are able to click the location on the map in the EA app, pick a charger, slide to start charging, then plug in. Works every time." Just seems the more logical approach, especially if initially using the EA App mapping via CarPlay. (y)

But then SFiercex4's call to EA cited plug in first as well, so .... 🤷‍♂️
I am an Android person and use the Samsung Pay app for almost everything so I guess I could probably do it with my Samsung watch as well. My wife has an Apple watch but never uses Apple Pay so we will continue to use the EA app. It is interesting that when we plug in before we slide to start it tells us to unplug and then replug. I then have to lock the car and unlock it to get the cable to release.

·
ID.4 1st Edition Dusk Blue
16 Posts
I am an Android person and use the Samsung Pay app for almost everything so I guess I could probably do it with my Samsung watch as well. My wife has an Apple watch but never uses Apple Pay so we will continue to use the EA app. It is interesting that when we plug in before we slide to start it tells us to unplug and then replug. I then have to lock the car and unlock it to get the cable to release.
I wasn't able to set up EA on my Samsung Pay app and Samsung Watch. If you figure it out, would love some help too haha :)

·
Super Moderator
153 Posts
I wasn't able to set up EA on my Samsung Pay app and Samsung Watch. If you figure it out, would love some help too haha :)
I have been using Samsung Pay for years on my phone but just recently got the Watch3. I have used the watch to pay but not at EA. I find it very easy to charge at EA using the EA app. Click the location on the map in the EA app, pick a charger, slide to start charging, then plug in.

·
9 Posts
Worked great, with Android - however the charger crapped the bed, and I ended up stranded for 30 mins with a kid needing to pee, and a dog getting hot - you can see all about that on an upcoming trip video on my channel, or a short version here -

·
50 Posts
what’s the relationship between using Apple Pay and the wallet card for EA? I would think you could use Apple Watch with the rfid reader without needing to be signed up for Apple Pay.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts