Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1st Edition
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery today and am signed up with EA. I want to add the EA app to my wife’s phone, should she sign up for her own account, or sign into my account?

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
215 Posts
Based on previous responses, share the account. Once plug and charge is available it won’t matter.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
955 Posts
Agreed, I read somebody else saying they could only apply the promo code to one account, so I set up EA using a shared email address that we both log onto. No problems, but we receive notifications for each others charging sessions.

·
11 Posts
Share account. If you have an iPhone, it's easy to add your pass to your digital wallet, then text that pass to another person so they can add to their digital wallet. I have had zero issues using the NFC reader with my phone and the digital pass.

·
ID4 Pro S, Dusk Blue Metallic
4 Posts
Has anyone added their ID.4 to an EA account with another EV? I have an account for my Bolt and I was wondering if I could add the ID.4 to that account or if I need to create a new account for it.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
415 Posts
Has anyone added their ID.4 to an EA account with another EV? I have an account for my Bolt and I was wondering if I could add the ID.4 to that account or if I need to create a new account for it.
I would think you can add it to the existing account; if I understand correctly, when you register your plan for the 3 free years of charging, that free charging will only apply when your ID.4 is detected on the charging cable, if EA detects a different car I don't think it will give you the free charging. Just theorizing, though. I only have my ID.4 on my EA account.

·
1st Edition
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Share account. If you have an iPhone, it's easy to add your pass to your digital wallet, then text that pass to another person so they can add to their digital wallet. I have had zero issues using the NFC reader with my phone and the digital pass.
Wow, that was way too easy, thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts