Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Electrify America SoCal Issues

11K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  Huey52 
The nearest EA for me is in the Brea Mall, Brea CA Usually i charge from 15% to 90% in 40-45 min. It starts @ 120 kw, and will reduce to 45kw near completion @ 90%. I charge in the morning before the Mall open and have my walking exercise for 45 min. Win - Win :)
The EA in Walmart Anaheim also deliver about the same speed charge start @ 120 kw.
Font Screenshot Number Circle Rectangle
Font Screenshot Number Circle

Absolutely agree with everything in this post. Got mine on May 6. Love the car but Electrify America is another story. I live in a very remote part of California - Thousand Oaks. There is not a single EA charger anywhere in the Conejo Valley or Simi Valley. To add to my frustration just can't get a home charging unit from anywhere (i.e. not just EA but anyone else) since they are all back ordered apparently. So what is VW management thinking? That the problem will just evaporate?
Seriously ? Amazon have many EVSE level2 available

White Product Font Material property Technology
White Product Font Material property Technology

Costco also have these 2 EVSE available and it has $40 - $60 off

Product Font Circle Auto part Logo

Hi Djohan, Brea mall is the closest EA for me as well. It looks like they are installing more chargers over there, do you think? The maximum KW I had experienced for my Pro was 121KW and took about 32 minutes from 20% to 80% charged. May I ask how was your charging experience at the Walmart Anaheim? I have not been there yet but it looks like they have a hand full of chargers available including one up to 350 KW.
@Linewalker maybe one of these days we can have a meet up @ Brea Mall charging station :)
Not sure what they're working on, maybe I'll ask the construction guys next time I charged, as for the Walmart Anaheim I only try the 150kw charger, since my battery still 40%, I only got starting charge rate ~70 kw.

I like Brea better, since I can get 1,5 mile walking exercise for 30 - 45 min while the car charging.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.