Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
41 Posts
I would seriously question using Qmerit for installation. I contacted them and they finally got back to me. Referred me to an electrician 80 miles away(who never did make contact) Used local electrician to do install. This is not "rocket science"! Either 14-50 NEMA plug or hardwired and with correct panel upgrades if needed. I had it hardwired. My suggestion is to check with your local electrician for install. I have seen other posts with similar experiences with Qmerit. There are a lot of different EVSE's available besides EA. Good review of various EVSE (chargers) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdX0BJNon1c6GfOdeS3pyDw

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
476 Posts
I would seriously question using Qmerit for installation. I contacted them and they finally got back to me. Referred me to an electrician 80 miles away(who never did make contact) Used local electrician to do install. This is not "rocket science"! Either 14-50 NEMA plug or hardwired and with correct panel upgrades if needed. I had it hardwired. My suggestion is to check with your local electrician for install. I have seen other posts with similar experiences with Qmerit. There are a lot of different EVSE's available besides EA. Good review of various EVSE (chargers) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdX0BJNon1c6GfOdeS3pyDw
I’ll add 2 more points to this. First, I completely agree about install. I think some of these Qmerit quotes are artificially inflated because it’s for an EVSE. Second, at $650, there are MANY other options out there that can currently do more and better for you.

·
Proud FE owner
1,197 Posts
Qmerit is a joke in the Seattle area. I got a referral for someone 135 miles away, with a mountain pass dividing us. He seemed much too desperate to do the work. He mentioned Qmerit charges them to respond to the requests, so this gives me pause that they won't get to the most qualified electricians (who will busy enough scheduling work on their own "merits").

·
ID.4 1st Edition - del 3/18/21
14 Posts
Is anyone waiting for this charger like I am? I plan to install it myself (I've done electrical work for years) and will then have my work inspected for insurance purposes. I'm just curious if anyone else thinks this will be a good solution for the ID4???

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
218 Posts
Qmerit wasn't that bad for me (Pasadena, CA area). They gave a solid estimate. I got other estimates, and theirs was right in line with the others. It could be that all the electricians were trying to screw me.

·
2021 1st
950 Posts
Is anyone waiting for this charger like I am? I plan to install it myself (I've done electrical work for years) and will then have my work inspected for insurance purposes. I'm just curious if anyone else thinks this will be a good solution for the ID4???
Why not just go OpenEVSE and do the entire thing DIY?

·
522 Posts
If you order the EA HomeStation via Amazon, there is currently a $35 discount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts