Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered User
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
Joined
528 Posts
It would be a good sign if VW would import the ID.3. Until then, it's just one less BEV hatchback option for the U.S.
 

Registered User
Joined
170 Posts
If ID.3 was available, I'd get one just because it is the right size for hauling kids to school, and doing 95% of the stuff I need done anyway. For the remaining 5% of time, I will be sticking with Q5 (longer trips, with more bags, etc.). An option for ID.3 would be nice to have, even in US.
 

Registered User
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
Joined
368 Posts
If ID.3 was available, I'd get one just because it is the right size for hauling kids to school, and doing 95% of the stuff I need done anyway. For the remaining 5% of time, I will be sticking with Q5 (longer trips, with more bags, etc.). An option for ID.3 would be nice to have, even in US.
Totally! I鈥檝e been bugging my nearest dealer since last year about ID.3 which would be a 1:1 replacement for my Honda Fit. But as we all know, there was never good news in that regard.
Anyway, I am REALLY looking forward to my ID.4 and its upgraded feature set with respect to the ID.3. I also think the ID.4 looks sharper.
 

Registered User
Joined
170 Posts
I'll likely reserve my final opinion until I have a chance to see one live in the local dealership. I hate the fact that all fun options are out of question for US market for some reason. I understand they want to push me to get eTron instead but I'm not ready to shell 80k for a car. That's a bit extreme.

I like the design and feature set but the more I read here the more I'm inclined to cancel my reservation and just sit it out for now. I'm very well served with Q5 for the time being including long trips with whole family and bags.
 

Registered User
Joined
61 Posts
I like the design and feature set but the more I read here the more I'm inclined to cancel my reservation and just sit it out for now. I'm very well served with Q5 for the time being including long trips with whole family and bags.
You鈥檙e probably more of a fit for the Q4 etron. A lot of people are hedging their bets between the two. If you鈥檙e interested in the Pro AWD, it may not be much longer of a wait. My wife has the Q5 PHEV, so we are in a similar usage situation. Her commute is 3 miles, so she hardly ever runs in gas mode. If she loves the ID.4, she will probably get an Q4 in a few years. It will need have a long range version to replace our Q5 though.
 

Registered User
Joined
170 Posts
Coincidentally, I was looking at the Pro S with AWD and all bells & whistles, which was bringing me up to 50k level pre incentives. At that level, it seems I could be getting Q4 eTron if these estimates are anything to believe in: 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron: What We Know So Far. It is maybe time to start burning a hole in the collective Audi dealership

I am in no great hurry to swap cars out and Audi will not have run of federal incentives for quite some time. They are still listed separately from VW I believe.

Thanks for sharing!
 

Registered User
Joined
170 Posts
So it seems that Q4 eTron is not planned for US for first half of 2021. It might be 2022 model showing up late in 2021.
 

Registered User
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
Joined
528 Posts
So it seems that Q4 eTron is not planned for US for first half of 2021. It might be 2022 model showing up late in 2021.
Boo!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: MBrandenburg
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top