Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a video which shows how the trailer hitch deploys. This is a pretty clever idea, and perhaps it was already used on other VW's, but its still pretty cool. The color is not bad either! For the detail on the hitch fast forward to 3:20 on the video.

ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
So, just teasing the U.S. buyers as we are not getting that tow hitch?

So, just teasing the U.S. buyers as we are not getting that tow hitch?
Yup, just a tease, the US gets the 1-1/4" class 2 receiver.

Proud FE owner
Which means we get a different rear bumper valance as well.
And overall, better utility IMHO. I think more owners, who actually do anything, will more often be carrying bicycles than towing.

That disappearing hitch is very common on Euro models and very nice if you only want to tow light loads. I have noticed a LOT of cars in Europe towing small trailers. It's the way they have compensated for the relative small sizes of most of their cars. Hook up the trailer in those instances when you need the capacity--otherwise leave it behind. As you drive around in European neighborhoods, you see a lot of small trailers at the side of houses. So, a small disappearing hitch makes a lot of sense. Also, I see a lot of top of the car bicycle carriers in Europe on weekends. Just different customs and VW has adapted their vehicles to local custom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts