Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that the 30% U.S. federal tax credit on home and business EV charging station installations expires at the end of 2020. I'm having one installed in a few weeks, even though I don't expect delivery of the ID.4 Pro I reserved until the second half of 2021. The 40 amp level 2 charger I ordered is overkill for my 2012 Prius Plug-in, but that's OK. I suppose the incoming administration could get a tax credit extension passed, but maybe not. About Form 8911, Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit | Internal Revenue Service

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
330 Posts
This credit has been extended in the past (retroactively). My bet would be that it would be extended again sometime after the inauguration/when Congress reconvenes.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
224 Posts
Given the type of year that 2020 has been I would expect the US Federal tax credit to be extended. However I recently installed a ChargePoint, and App-enabled it, just in case.

A nice greenish glow in the garage while I await some useful purpose. ;)

·
0 Posts
Given the type of year that 2020 has been I would expect the US Federal tax credit to be extended. However I recently installed a ChargePoint, and App-enabled it, just in case.

A nice greenish glow in the garage while I await some useful purpose. ;)
I had a JuiceBox 40 installed for the same reason. I have a purple glow while waiting. 😈

Also, anyone planning to install an EVSE should check with their electric utility company. I was able to get a $250 rebate for my installation.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
224 Posts
Yes, very good point. Alas in my area only commercial applications (office parking lot, etc.) get a utility company rebate. But many other areas do get a rebate. Check also your State/Commonwealth programs.

Also, anyone planning to install an EVSE should check with their electric utility company. I was able to get a $250 rebate for my installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts