Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2022 ID.4 AWD ProS Dusk Blue/Lunar Gray;
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVgo Autocharge+ Has Arrived! | EVgo | Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations - EV Fast Chargers

Hopefully ID.4 will be included once the software update that enables Plug & Charge is completed.

Includes several vehicles that I was not aware supported Plug & Charge.

Autocharge+ is only available for EVs with CCS connectors that support a two-way vehicle data sharing functionality. The good news is that most EVs with CCS connectors support this feature (including older EV models). The following models are currently eligible:
  • Cadillac LYRIQ, Chevrolet Bolt EV and Bolt EUV, Ford Mach-E and F-150 Lightning, Genesis GV60, GMC Hummer EV, Hyundai Ioniq, Ioniq 5 and Kona, Kia Niro and EV6, Mercedes EQS, Polestar 2, Subaru Solterra, Toyota bZ4x, and Volvo XC40 Recharge.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
4,627 Posts
Hopefully ID.4 will be included once the software update that enables Plug & Charge is completed.
This doesn't sound like anything requiring real Plug & Charge software... it sounds to me like Plug & Charge is the equivalent of an encrypted credit card transaction, where this EVgo implementation sounds like a website login with plain-text password storage, with location history as a backstop against fraud. It's probably ok for now, but not for the long term if somebody figures out how to spoof whatever they are using as a car identifier.

But don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed it doesn't work on my i3, either -- I'd like to try it just because.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts