Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MY2023 ID.4 S Tourmaline Blue; Reservation: 13-Sep-2022; Locked: 21-Oct-2022
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently learned about this and wanted to pass it on to you.
Turns out that as a AAA member you can benefit from No Session and No Monthly fees at EVgo charging networks. Basically you pay the EVgo member rates without paying for EVgo membership.
I know we benefit from free 30 minute sessions at EA for 3 years (or just free charging for 3 years)... this is good for whenever there isn't an EA around or one is disabled.
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
ID4:1E - Blue Dusk Metallic
550 Posts
When the VW Roadside Assistance expires (even before that), if you travel with your car outside of your immediate region, I would suggest AAA. Remember, VW RA only will tow your ID to the "closest VW Dealer that can service your ID." So if your car "bricks" in Maine & you live in Vermont, you are now dealing with a ID repair 2 states away from home over multiple weeks (with no loaner from that dealership in Maine). Speaking from experience...

·
149 Posts
Turns out that as a AAA member you can benefit from No Session and No Monthly fees at EVgo charging networks. Basically you pay the EVgo member rates without paying for EVgo membership.
I know we benefit from free 30 minute sessions at EA for 3 years (or just free charging for 3 years)... this is good for whenever there isn't an EA around or one is disabled.
View attachment 17784
Alas, this must depend on the relationship between EVgo and the regional AAA. There is no such deal I could find in CT. 😕

Reactions: JPWhite

·
68 Posts
Thanks so much for this helpful info.

·
51 Posts
Doesn’t seem to be offered in my region (AAA Carolinas). Tried using the NorCal page and it didn’t work for me.

·
MY2023 ID.4 S Tourmaline Blue; Reservation: 13-Sep-2022; Locked: 21-Oct-2022
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
2019 Leaf SL+, 2023 Leaf SV+
711 Posts
I just tried to sign up and it said I didn't have a valid membership number! Given that I copied and pasted it right from my AAA membership page, not sure what's going on. Sigh...it's always something. I also found out that I have a $100 credit with EV Go for buying a 2023 Leaf. That was a nice surprise. The dealer never mentioned it and all the emails about signing up had gone to spam. But, I sorted it out and got that to work. Now if I can just get the AAA discount connected...

·
2021 Dusk Blue ID.4 First Edition
29 Posts
I just tried to sign up and it said I didn't have a valid membership number! Given that I copied and pasted it right from my AAA membership page, not sure what's going on. Sigh...it's always something. I also found out that I have a $100 credit with EV Go for buying a 2023 Leaf. That was a nice surprise. The dealer never mentioned it and all the emails about signing up had gone to spam. But, I sorted it out and got that to work. Now if I can just get the AAA discount connected...

I got the same response when I copied and pasted my membership number. I deleted the spaces in the number and resubmitted and the number was accepted.

·
2019 Leaf SL+, 2023 Leaf SV+
711 Posts
I got the same response when I copied and pasted my membership number. I deleted the spaces in the number and resubmitted and the number was accepted.
Thanks! I pasted the membership # in notepad, deleted the spaces there, then copied it again--that made it work. I am all set! Now I just need to go do some public charging which we haven't done in 6 months of owning an EV, but maybe I will go take a trip!

·
51 Posts

·
48 Posts
it worked for me. I am in NY and used my NYS AAA membership number without any spaces or dashes. one note is that it created another "plan" with another "membership number" and put my AAA number in the car vin# field. I guess i will only find out if it will work next time i try it, in the area with no EA chargers.

·
39 Posts
View attachment 17784
Thanks
View attachment 17784
Thank you I'mAFluffyBunny,

Does this imply that EA chargers are too far apart and/or that the EA rate per kW is excessive?

Seriously, thank you, because we cannot get to medical appointments and home without charging. The only EA charger on the way home always has 75% down and a queue to charge, AND no plan to fix the bad ones.

SG

·
2023 ID.4 AWD Pro S
64 Posts
View attachment 17784
And, if you have t-mobile, you get a free AAA membership.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts