Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

ID.4 FE Blue
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I read somewhere that the ID.4 also comes with the first 3 years service included. Does anybody know whether that is true. Really hard to find these things on VW.com. Also, what are the standard warranties again. 3 years, 30K miles, and 8 years for the battery? Thank you!

ID.4 FE Blue
Discussion Starter #2
I believe I read somewhere that the ID.4 also comes with the first 3 years service included. Does anybody know whether that is true. Really hard to find these things on VW.com. Also, what are the standard warranties again. 3 years, 30K miles, and 8 years for the battery? Thank you!
Sorry, I just found it: "The heart of the electric vehicle (EV) is the battery, so the biggest thing you鈥檒l want to look for in your EV warranty is battery coverage. The Volkswagen ID.4 has an eight-year/100,000 miles (whichever occurs first) warranty specific to the High Voltage Battery2. Additionally, all your other warranty benefits are covered in Carefree Coverage3, which come standard on all MY21 vehicles. The ID.4 has a four-year/50,000 mile (whichever occurs first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty4. Plus, you鈥檒l get two years/20,000 miles of Scheduled Carefree Maintenance5, and with three years/36,000 miles of Roadside Assistance6, your out-of-charge vehicle can be towed to the nearest Electrify America station free of charge. There is no limit to the number of times you can use this service per year, and it鈥檚 available 24/7. We have all these warranties and services in place, because we believe being confident in your Volkswagen is everything. You can find all the warranty details on the ID.4 model page."

I'm not sure how much of an extra perk "3 years service included" is on an EV, as there's very little to actually service. In 5 years with my 2015 eGolf I've replaced the 12v battery (myself), the cabin air filter (myself, twice) and had the brake fluid replaced (dealer) - that's it.

I'm surprised that manufacturers don't use this as a marketing tool more, but maybe they don't want to alienate their dealers too much. You know when you have a car that starts driving a bit rough, so you bring it in and the service guy whips out some long list of all the things that need to be done? 99% of that goes away with an EV.

ID.4 FE Blue
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure how much of an extra perk "3 years service included" is on an EV, as there's very little to actually service. In 5 years with my 2015 eGolf I've replaced the 12v battery (myself), the cabin air filter (myself, twice) and had the brake fluid replaced (dealer) - that's it.

I'm surprised that manufacturers don't use this as a marketing tool more, but maybe they don't want to alienate their dealers too much. You know when you have a car that starts driving a bit rough, so you bring it in and the service guy whips out some long list of all the things that need to be done? 99% of that goes away with an EV.
Isn鈥檛 the one big argument for having the vehicle serviced that the warranty will expire otherwise? Wouldn鈥檛 this still apply to EVs as well?

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
Isn鈥檛 the one big argument for having the vehicle serviced that the warranty will expire otherwise? Wouldn鈥檛 this still apply to EVs as well?
There are all of these "extras" that they try and push you to buy, and it can run up the cost a lot if you aren't careful.

Rotating tires is important for EVs, if that's covered, I'd just go in to get that.

For the 2017 bolt i leased

every 7,500 miles rotate tires
every 22,500 replace cabin air filter (YouTube told me how to do this)
at 150k miles they have to lubricate something in the chassis, apparently dealer only, but it's like 100 bucks when I asked.

that's it for a bolt.

If you want some fun, go to an Audi E tron boards where they will tell you your battery warranty is void if you don't do the "maintenance" on the EV.

I assumed they we're joking, nope, audi can avoid a battery claim if you don't get there $200/$600 interval service per the owner's manual.

I'll never buy an Audi. If VW pulls that, I'll lease for 3 years.

Stephen

Proud FE owner
The ID.4 has a staggered fitment. You won't be rotating tires.

Reactions: Trunkenbold
1 - 7 of 7 Posts