Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Extra Tools, etc.?

7K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  7S POWER 
#1 ·
I have no experience to date with pure-electric vehicles and was just curious of those who do what additional tools (to include OBDII-access type) you're considering to load aboard your ID.4? Or perhaps given an electric's far less moving parts/maintenance I need to lean my thinking here as well. ;)

#3 ·
I have always carried a small set of tools with all my cars. I carry a needle nose pliers, screw driver, vise grips, silicone fuse tape, multi-meter, etc. I am new to EVs and maybe it is not necessary. Having grown up on aircooled VW's I never went anywhere without a decent kit of tools. I am curious if anyone else carries a tool kit and what you have in it???

#4 ·
I would feel naked to go out without at least some tools.

The problem with multimeters is that they have small batteries (usually 9V), and if that goes bad, the multimeter is useless. If the thing sits for a few years without being used you might not know until it is too late.

#12 ·
Very nice! Thanks for the pics!

Did you get the jack and tire wrench separately? Also ebay? Or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I had a new jack and I am using a Makita wireless 1/2" impact with a lug socket for a tire wrench. The foam container inside the wheel was from another vehicle. I don't think the spare had ever been on the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.